Chapter 10

"Stop it, Harry!" I laughed as he chased Liam with a spoon. "you're scaring him!" I laughed harder.

"He's not scaring me, he's PISSING ME OFF." Liam replied, snatching the spoon from him. Zayn flopped down on the sofa next to me with a sigh.

"You seem to be okay with Harry.. Did you end on good terms?" He asked, his voice quiet as the others ran around the room chilidhshly.

"Yeah, it was more of a discussion than a break up. We both agreed that it was best if we ended it." I lied, hoping he couldn't tell.

"Oh.." he eyed me suspiciously. "That's good then." he winked before leaving me on the sofa. Shit, does he know what we're up to? Harry was doing rather well with not speaking to me, he occupied himself with other things - such as chasing Liam with spoons and throwing potatoes at Niall.

We were waiting to do a live performance, god knows where, and Harry was pacing.

"What if I mess it up again?" he kept repeating.

"10 minutes til we go live." a voice came over the speaker.

"Shit! I'm going for a cigarette." Harry said before leaving the room. About 6 minutes passed before we started worrying.

"Where the hell is he?" Zayn poked his head out of our dressing room door to search for him. "Lou, I know you two are over but could you go find him? You know him better than anyone."

I faked a hesitation before agreeing and rushing out the room and down the hall. I ran to the back doors and pushed them open. Harry was sitting in the dark on a bench with a cigarette in his hands.

"2 minutes." a voice boomed once more through the arena.

"I can't go out there, Louis." Harry's worried small voice spoke behind the cigarette.

"Yes you can." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'll mess it up again, I know I will."

"Harry! You didn't mess it up last time and you won't mess it up this time. Just get out there!" I tugged on the sleeve of his blazer. He looked at the ground as he put out his cigarette, breathing deeply.

"I.." he started but his words failed him, causing him to put his head in his hands.

"Harry, you've been working with the vocal coach. You know how to keep your breathing even. You'll be fine, relax. Listen to those girls, they're all cheering for us.."

"They won't be cheering for long, though.. As soon as I open my mouth it will all go wrong."

"1 minute!" I heard a louder voice go across the speaker.

"Fuck it, you're doing this whether you like it or not." I muttered as I grabbed Harry's waist and threw him over my shoulder.

"Louis, what the actual fuck?! PUT ME DOWN YOU SON OF A--" he got cut off as I nudged my shoulder, and him, into the wall. "You utter knob." he groaned and I chuckled.

"30 seconds." the speaker announced and my eyes widened. I whipped open the door and rushed down the hallway, Harry's body slowing my down slightly. He was slapping and punching my back whilst yelling a lot. As the boys turned to see us, their faces went from worried to happy, then they started laughing.

"Sorry we're late. He's heavier than he looks." I chuckled, out of breath already. I put both hands on Harry's shoulders once I had put him down and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Ok, focus. Remember what you talked about in the studio. Breathe deeply and take your time. Don't focus on the anything else, focus on your performance." I nodded and he pulled me into a hug.