Chapter 6

**AUTHORS NOTE: Guys, I Really just want to say Thank You! I've been going through such tough times right now, and every time I think of doing something stupid - I'll come on here to distract myself. Then I see all your lovely comments and how many people vote/ add this to their reading lists. It's not a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it means quite a lot. It means people like the stuff I work hard on. Thank you all so much for the feedback, feel free to inbox me any time. :')**

A single tear fell down his face and I took a sharp breath. Shit. Great job, Lou. I slowly walked over to him and thought about what I should do. Well what could I do?! The boy I loved was standing in front of me, crying at something I'd written about us. I snapped my head to Zayn after he'd finished his first verse and took the sheet.

"It's nowhere near finished.." I muttered, shoving it deep into my bag.

"Well it sounds good so far." Liam nodded and I breathed deeply, trying to calm myself.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered to Harry as he stood there emotionless. I picked up my stuff and left the studio, a tear falling from my eyes. I jumped in my car and whimpered through my tears. There was a small tapping at the window and as I looked up, Harry was standing in the rain outside my car. I tried to look away but soon rolled down the window. His dripping wet curls flicked water onto my cheeks, blending in with the tears.

"We can't keep doing this." he said, leaning his head in the window.

"I know.. But if we try again we're just holding on to nothing." I shook my head, turning on the car. I reversed the car, forcing Harry to move before he could speak.

"Louis!" he yelled as I drove away. I didn't look back, I couldn't. If I did... I don't even know what I would have done. I drove back to the apartment and locked my bedroom door behind me. My phone buzzed in my hands and the screen lit up.

"One New Message from: Harry." I hesitated, clicking open.

"I'm sorry, okay? I love you." it said. I threw the phone at the floor in frustration, running a hand down my face. I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it, the tears making the fabric damp. I loved him so much but this wouldn't work. He was going to hurt me over and over again. I flopped down on the bed, feeling stressed again. My phone buzzed again from the floor and I turned my head to look. I could see the word "Harry" and closed my eyes, not wanting to read it and imagine his voice.. It buzzed again. Then again. Then again. I groaned and got up before realising it was a call.

"Yes, Harry?" my voice broke as I answered.

"Open your door." he said before hanging up. I slowly clicked the lock on my door and it slightly opened. Harry pushed the door open and walked inside the room. He was breathing heavily and was soaked from the rain.

"I can tell you love me back. Please just let me prove that I can do this." he pleaded.

"You were the one who didn't want to be with me in the first place. Don't make it harder than it already is, Haz." I said as he edged closer to me.

"Louis, I've fallen in love with you. I can't just stop now." he stated, making my heart flutter at his words.

"I love you too, but--" he cut me off.

"Then what the hell are we doing?"

"Saving ourselves the trouble of a broken heart. One of us, if not both, is going to get hurt." I replied, leaving the room. His lips were looking so soft and I just wanted to... But I couldn't. Not this time. As I walked into the kitchen, Harry's arms wrapped around me, spinning me round. He held my face in his hands and pulled me into a kiss. I tried to resist for a few seconds before giving in. I hadn't changed my mind, but he was just so.. Perfect. He tugged my hair as he pushed his body into mine, leaning against me. He pulled away and looked at me, his eyes full of desire.