Chapter 13

Third person POV

The car's air conditioning was cranked up as he drove smoothly through Abuja. He has been stressed and restless at home as it was a Saturday so he decided to go see the kids and even come home with them before he leaves for Lagos tomorrow.

Areef decided to get the kids their promised ice-cream at shop rite. He parked his car and walk into the mall. He was going to the ice-cream stalls when he saw a very familiar 4 year-old. He was standing right outside the men's room looking left and right as if looking for someone.

Areef walked up to the boy and immediately he saw him, the boy's face lit up.

Uncle A! Fadeel exclaimed and ran to him.

Hey champ, what are you doing here?

I am looking for Anty A.

'Anty A? ' Areef thought.

You came here with her? Where is she then?

I don't know. But she was here before I went to pee. She said she won't buy me Icecream if I go anywhere.

Areef was pissed at her carelessness. He can't bring himself to understand why she would leave a 4 year old by himself in this place. He hissed lowly before picking up Fadeel.

Come on let's go get some ice cream.

Areef was giving their orders when he felt Fadeel tapping his hands. He looked down at the boy before squating to his level asking him what the matter is.

See Fadeelah and Eeman and......
He didn't complete his sentence before Areef turned to the direction Fadeel was pointing. Only to see Eeman and Fadeelah running to him shouting his name.

He smiled at him warmly as they fell into his arms.

Uncle A!  What are you doing here? Did you come to find us? Eeman asked excitedly.

Uncle A! Did you come to buy ush (us) ish ceam (ice-cream)?  Fadeelah asked sounding happy.

Yes I came to buy you ice cream. And...

He was cut off by Fadeelah, saying

But Anty A ish (is)  buying ush (us) ish-cream (ice-cream). 

It was then Areef remembered they were not here alone but then he didn't notice anybody with them. He looked up towards the direction they came from and saw a female figure there rooted at one place a few steps from them looking somewhat surprised.  Not surprised,  more than cause her mouth was almost dropping to the floor but it didn't take a minute before Areef's expression almost matched hers.

Standing was his clumsy excuse of a personal assistant miss Ahmad. Areef was a little confused before his confusion cleared when absentmindedly he felt Fadeelah let him go and started going towards miss Ahmad calling her Anty A.

Uncle A! You have finally seen Anty A. She's pretty right? Eeman asked innocently.

Areef stood up completely as Fadeelah dragged Airah to them. When they were both facing each other they stood there awkwardly.

Anty A.... This is uncle A. Our uncle, the one that left that day you came back with Anty Am.

Areef cringed recalling the day he sped out of the house as they were coming in. What will miss Ahmad think of him now? Some sissy?   He thought.

Airah scoffed in her head thinking it totally made sense he was the one that sped out before they could exchange pleasantries that day as she thought it was rude. Then she suddenly remembered she hasn't said a word and cleared her clogged throat.