Chapter 45

Unedited

Airah woke up feeling her head as heavy as mount Kilimanjaro. The room was dimly lit but she could recognize that beeping sound anywhere and anytime. She was in a hospital room.

She felt a soft hand squeeze hers and it was after a few seconds of squinting  that she recognized Mamy.

"Mamy?" she asked quietly.

"Yes my daughter it's me, how are you feeling? Should I call the doctor?" Mamy asked coming closer to her.

"No Mamy, I feel fine. What time is it?

"It's almost fajr. You can go back to sleep don't worry." Mamy brushed a loose strand of hair from her temple.

Just then a door opened and Anty Safiyya stepped out of the toilet. Seeing Airah awake she rushed to her side.

"Airah! You are awake, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine anty Safiyya. I'm sorry I worried you all."

"Don't ever say that again. Kinjini? (do you hear me?) " Mamy scolded.

"I'm sorry Mamy."

They stayed like that until the Adhaan for Subhi prayer was called and Mamy excused herself to perform ablution.

"Anty Safiyya why did you allow Mamy to stay overnight. She isn't too well too you know. She needs to rest not to be taking care of me."

Anty Safiyya gave her a hard glared.

"Sannu( well done)  mother theresa, Was it not her son that put you in your current situation. So what if she sacrifices a few hours of sleep to take care of you."

Airah didn't like the way Anty Safiyyah talked at all. Although she doesn't know what to do or how to react to the bomb dropped on her is couldn't help herself but think of what situation Areef was in right now. And all she knows is that not an ounce has decreased from the love she had for him even though they have a long bridge to cross.

Mamy opening the toilet door brought her out of her reverie. Anty safiyya was already praying nafilat. Mamy followed suite. Seeing as they were both in prayers she unhooked the IV and every other thing connected to her body. Both Mamy and anty Safiyya made sounds of protest but she quickly entered the toilet and locked the door knowing either of them can follow her in.

She sat on top of the closed WC and heaved a deep sigh. Closing her eyes images flashed in her mind. Those allegations made by that woman. The contract. The pain she felt as her world turned upside down in matter of minutes.

She heard knock on the door which made her to press on the flush button. She did what she had to do and came out guiltily.

"Airah what did you think you were doing. What if you had collapsed in there. Get back in that bed at this instance." Anty Safiyya hollered.

"Safiyya go easy on her. She might have been really pressed. Airah go on and get back on the bed,  don't mind your anty."

"Okay Mamy, I'm sorry, I wanted to pray that's why." she answered meekly.

After promising them she can pray whilst standing they allowed her. She offered her nafilat and subhi making her sujuds as long as she can given her condition and praying intensely for Allah to make everything easy for her and her family.

Deedee arrived around 8 am with food. Anty safiyya wasn't too hostile to them but everyone could clearly see that things were tense between them until she excused herself to go home and get a change of clothes.