Chapter 14: Sleep over?

Me: hey girl, I'm at someone's house right now. I don't know if you want me back home considering I kind of witnessed something that I don't think I should witness when I get home

Me: Yep, are you there?

Me: I don't know if I want to come home because I have a feeling he's still going to be there and you guys would still be going at it

Me: Warn me next time you bring someone over!

Me: Harper!

I look at my phone one last time before shutting it off and heading back into the kitchen where everyone was talking or eating. I take the spot  to Caden's left and to his right would be Isaac. Caden's parents were at the opposite of the table and they all starting digging in.

"Did she answer?" Caden asks but I shake my head.

"She didn't. I think we both know what that means."

"I don't." He says innocently, just like in the car, and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

I start taking the food from the table. There was spaghetti with meatballs and I was going insane. I loved it, like absolutely loved it. It was spectacular and satisfied all my taste buds. I try not to moan because the food was seriously doing things to me.

I could hear Caden chuckle, probably because of my expression.

"This tastes awesome." I say and both Sam and Martha laugh.

"Thank you darling, it's one of our favorites as well. I'm actually a chef and own quite a few 5 star restaurants." Martha states and my jaw drops.

"Wow, you aren't a chef for nothing." I say before I continue chewing on this great spaghetti.

After a while, I help wash up the plates after a long argument with Caden's parents. It took them a while until they decided I wasn't going to budge. I seriously wanted to help, especially after that mouth watering food. I finished cleaning and head to the game room where I find Isaac and Caden arguing about something.

Once I walk in, everything goes silent.

"Everything okay?" I ask but they're both silent, until Isaac picks up his jacket.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm heading home." He leaves the room and walks out, not without giving Caden a harsh glare. We both face the door and I was left in confusion.

"What happened?" I ask Caden while placing my hand to his back in attempt to comfort him, but he walks away from me and sighs.

"Nothing. Are you going home?" He asks and I shrug. Harper still hasn't texted me and I honestly didn't want to go back. I didn't know what I wanted to do, but for some reason I really wanted to be with Caden.

"You want to stay?" He asks and I roll my eyes. Why couldn't he just offer it instead of me having to spell it out for him.

"Could I?"

"Yeah, but we don't have many beds, it's just my parents' and mine. I could sleep here I guess and you could have my bed, but I don't think you want to sleep in my room." He says and I shudder.

"Gross. Do you even wash your bed sheets?"

"I do, but I didn't get time today." He states matter-of-factly.

"I'll sleep here." I say and he nods. He pulls at the couch and it turns into a sofa bed.

"And you couldn't have said this sooner?"

"I wanted to see if you would actually sleep in my bed." He says and I groan.

"Fuck you."

"I'd rather not fuck myself, but you on the other hand..." He says slyly, coming closer.