Chapter 38: Him

Caden's POV

How could I do this to her? What is wrong with me?

I watch her as she walks away from me. Something tells me she was walking out forever.

And it was all my fault.

I should've just told her about myself. Why was I even so scared? She told me everything about herself yet I still can't seem to tell her about myself.

Because you're afraid she'll leave you.

Well, she left anyways. Thanks a lot brain. My heart pounds faster with every step she takes and I can't help but feel angry at myself.

"Agh!" I stomp on the ground and decide to call this a night.

I have my own girlfriend, so why does she even make me feel like this?

......

I wake up in the late afternoon with the sun shining through my closed windows. I get up and head to the bathroom connected to my room. After showering and brushing, I walk out of my room with only a towel around my waist.

"No wonder so many girls like you. You're like me, with the great curves your momma likes." Martha spins around in her tight fitting outfit to show off her healthy body.

"Gross, I do not want to look at my mom like that." I cover my eyes and she laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, now go down and have some breakfast. Sam's down there eating all the waffles I baked." She gives me a hug and I nod.

"Damn, those waffles? Why wasn't I called earlier?" I rush down the stairs, forgetting about the towel as it struggles to stay on my waist. I quickly wrap it tighter as I notice it wasn't just Sam waiting downstairs, but a whole bunch of random guys wearing suits.

"HAHA! Did he really go downstairs! I knew my waffles would do the trick!" Martha laughs from upstairs and I roll my eyes, knowing she had just pranked me.

"Oh my god." I hear Sam say as she covers her mouth, before laughing out loud.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jonathan. We have been working with your case with the car and it looks like we've got it all sorted it out, thank you." The man, Jonathan, nods from me to Sam. It was visible that he had a small smile on his face.

"I'll be leaving. Thank you Sam, Martha."

"NO PROBLEM!" Martha shouts from upstairs.

Jonathan and his crew walk out of the house and I turn to stare pointedly at Sam.

"And what was that about? It's all sorted out?" I ask and Sam gives me a guilty look.

"You did not pay for the-NO! He fucking deserved what he got." I groan as I frustratingly move my hands through my hair.

"Look, it's fine. We have good money now, we're practically stable." Sam says and places her hand on my shoulder.

"No, then what's the point of me doing it. I'll pay you back, I'm sorry." I immediately change emotion knowing that they were probably forced to pay for the shit I did.

"No, you won't pay me back. I know that you're still stealing and I don't want that to become a habit...So me and your mom talked and decided that...you can finally get a damn job." Sam says and my eyes widen. I full on grin as I run over to the door.

"You're not getting a job dressed like that." I hear Martha say as she walks down the stairs. I look down and groan.

I stomp upstairs and quickly change before leaving the house to get my own job.

Something I've been waiting to do for my whole life.

......

Why do I always end up involving myself with her.

I stand in front of Coffee-Grind, the cafe Slovan works at, in confusion. I mean, I seriously need to give her up. I'm dating someone else for christ's sake.

This is why I suck at commitments.

But for some reason I feel like Slovan is different. She feels like home to me and she just means so much. But then again, Maya was like that too, until she changed.

I walk into the cafe with my shoulders held high as I stand in front of the cashier. She looks up at me in confusion but then in awe. What can I say? It's my effect.

"Hi, I'm looking to work here." I say and she gives me a confused look.

"Aren't you dating Slov?" I choke on air and she smirks.

"I'm not, we're not. We're just friends." I say and she smirks.

"I know, I'm just playing. Hi, I'm Tia. My mother's the owner of this place. Do you have a resume or something that I can give her?"

Oh shit.

"I forgot to bring that shit." I scratch the back of my head awkwardly, but also in hope that there was another way.

An older woman comes out of the back of the cafe and she rubs at her eyes as if she had just woken up.

"Mom, just in time. This guy over here, Slov's friend, wants a job here. And he forgot to bring a resume." Tia laughs.

The mother looks me up and down and gives me a smirk, "You're not just a friend."

This is when I realized that this woman was the same woman who walked in on me and Slov making out, right here in this very cafe. Great. So much for a damn job.

"You can work here. As long as you don't rob no customers. I've seen you boy, and I know you're up to no good." She says and my eyes widen. Well...never mind then.

"Yes ma'am. Thank you so much." I shake her hand and she gives me a look.

"You've got some good looks boy and I bet lots of young girls would love coming here." She says and I shrug.

"What can I say?" I smirk and she laughs.

"God, how does Slovan handle you? She hates guys who are full of themselves." Tia says as she shudders.

I smile knowing I've broken that hate for her. Although, right when I smiled I can't help but feel guilty. That memory of her walking away struck me in terrible places.

"I bet I've broken that rule of hers." I mumble, less confidently. I pick out my phone from my pocket, "So when can I get started?"

"How about now? Jessica's out today." The mother says and I shrug.

"Now's fine." I respond and she opens up the table to let me in. Tia throws me an apron and I catch it.

"Just so you know, you may have broken it for her but you can't break it for me." Tia says and walks away coldly.

"Not that I care." I whisper to myself.

As cheesy as it sounds, Slovan is probably the only person that I'd care about for that. She's just something else.

Looking around in this cafe, I can't help but think about the moments I had here with her. All the kisses we shared, her touches, her moans. I look down and see something poke out of my apron.

Fuck.

I use my hands as a cover before I head to work.

********************************************************************************************

How was this chapter y'all? I'm feeling sucky right now because it's exam season and I should be studying...but I CANT GET THIS STORY OUT OF MY HEAD! Btw sorry about this short chapter, but don't worry you can look forward to the next few chapters because some more Caden POV's are coming your way. Kay, I'll study now and you guys should to. LOVE YA!