Chapter 50: Alone

I walk tiredly into my math classroom and spot Isaac sitting there by himself on his phone. Like always, all the girls were fawning over him in a corner but he paid no mind.

"Hey princess." He says and looks up from his phone as I take a seat beside him. I feel the glares on my back.

"Hey Isaac." I reply, a little too upsettingly.

I came to school with Caden not standing at his locker. It scared me to death because as much as I've tried to accept that he was leaving, I didn't know how long it will take.

I knew about Caden's past. He used to leave all the time and I remember how he had just came back to school after a leave when I first met him. It made me realize that Isaac probably knew about Caden's absence since I remember how he and Caden talked about his disappearance when he came back last time. This all just makes me feel like I don't know Caden at all.

"You're thinking about Caden, right?" He asks and I nod. I take a seat beside him and he wraps his arms around me. He pulls me into him and I take comfort in his embrace.

"I'll tell you one thing. He loves you, so I bet he'll try his hardest to come back as soon as possible." He says and after a few moments he leans back to look at me, "How about I distract you for a little bit?"

I nod, "Please."

He chuckles and glances over to the other side of the classroom, "Then have you noticed those girls squealing over me, thinking I would eventually give them attention?"

"Yeah, they scare the shit out of me. I swear one day they might end up dunking my head in a toilet." I let out a small laugh.

"That won't happen."

"You don't know."

"I won't let it happen." he says seriously and I give him a look. He continues, "Well...their squealing and fangirling is pretty much useless because I'm not even straight. I'm actually very much gay."

Wait. What.

My eyes widen and I leave his embrace, "You're-what-wow! How the hell did I not notice? You should've told me sooner!" He chuckles and shrugs.

"Only Caden knows. I think that's why he takes care of me so much because only god knows what would happen if the world were to figure out about my sexuality. Especially since I'm in so many sports teams and go to all these parties with guys who probably wouldn't be too accepting."

"Holy shit Isaac. That's amazing, like, thank you so much for telling me." I say and he gives me a beautiful genuine grin.

"No problem princess. I was planning on telling you for a while and I thought that I might as well tell you now while Caden is gone." He responds and I look at him wide-eyed, "No, not gone, he'll come back. I told you, he's just gone for now." He reassures and I nod with a giggle.

The teacher walks into the classroom right when the bell rings. She notices Caden's absence and looks to the two of us. Isaac nods at her, I think to inform her that Caden had left again or something. She nods back and marks the attendance.

"Okay. I'm handing back your tests." She hands them out and when she reaches my table I become filled with dread.

The test is set down on my table and I look at it with wide eyes. What the fuck?

I got a whopping 71!

"Good work Slovan! Caden must be working magic." She says and I nod excitedly, until I realize Caden wasn't even here with me. I won't get to celebrate this mark with him.

I start thinking of the different scenarios that could've possibly happened. Once I get home me and Caden would both decide to celebrate by sitting on the couch with our own glasses of wine. We would be laughing and talking about literally nothing. He would give his regular smirks and smiles.

"Good job Slov!" Isaac distracts me with a smile and he puts his hand out for a high five. I roll my eyes with a smirk as I slap his hand back. He didn't let me get my hand back though as he pulled me into him to give me a big fat hug. I laugh and slap his back.

I can't even express how grateful I am for Isaac.

......

I walk into the apartment hearing shouting coming from the art room. Of course, it had to be Harper and I can only assume that Jerry was with her.

I silently open the door and immediately hear Harper shouting.

"Stay still dammit!"

"I'm fucking tired!"

"Get used to it!"

Jerry continues to pose in a suit with a white background. I can't deny that Jerry seriously looks great in a suit. Well, he is a naturally good looking guy, but in a suit he looks pretty...wow.

"You look great in a suit." I comment, a little surprised. He winks at me and I hear Harper growl.

"That's why I dressed him up in this one. It's tight fitting and brings out his best features." Harper smiles, pleased with her choice.

"You guys can stop handing me compliments, let's just get this finished." He gets back into his pose and Harper continues painting. I stand behind her and witness the beautiful portrait. I give a thumbs up to Jerry from behind Harper and he gives a pleasant nod when she wasn't looking.

I walk out of the room and pick out some food to eat. There was some leftover pizza so I decide to munch on that at the counter. I pull out my phone and head on social media. Has it really only been a day since Caden mysteriously left?

I go onto his Instafam account and check out the pictures he has. There were pictures with his party friends, his ex and newer ones with me. I have a sad smile on my face as I look through the pictures.

There was a picture of me and him with huge grins on our faces, probably a few days after we confessed our love to each other. Another of just me, when I was working at the cafe. I didn't know he was taking the picture, as it was just of me setting a table. There was a beautiful caption underneath and I remember how my heart was pounding when I first read it.

'This is the love of my life. Nothing could express how much this beautiful, young and passionate woman means to me. She is someone that you can have a great time with, even if you aren't doing anything with her. Her smiles leave me breathless and just knowing that she chose me makes me the happiest man alive. I hope to make you happy forever and we can both live our happiest lives with each other by our sides. Happy 3 month anniversary Slovan.'

I remember how that month was super stressful for the both of us and we couldn't meet up as much as we wanted to. I was super stressed that we might fall out of love for some reason and then here he goes, posting this when I least expected it. My heart literally burst.

I stand up and make my way out of the kitchen. I head over to my dance room since I needed to get started on this routine that was going to be due by the end of the year.

I play the song loud on the speakers,

the song that Caden always hummed,

and dance until the night falls.

**********************************************************************************************

I know this chapter was pretty boring it was more like a filling chapter but hey! Looks like Isaac is actually gay. Who saw that coming? Well, I'm having another writers block so I'm sorry but it might take a while. It's probably because Caden is gone and I don't really know what to do. hehe... KAY SEE YOU MY LOVESSS