Chapter 29: Bumps

It has been 3 days since I've received the text from my dad.

3 days of no sleep.

3 days of sobbing into my pillow.

3 days of trying to call Sean, but he never picked up.

Just like every morning, I head straight to my locker. Caden was always there, but this time he wasn't alone.

Of course, he was making out with his girlfriend.

I smack my hand onto my locker when I reach it and they both stop to look at me.

"What's her problem?" His girl asks.

"She probably had a bad day." And he had the nerve to continue making out with her.

I put my books into my bag and slam my locker door shut making them jump again.

I smile at the girl, whom I still don't know the name of, and wave.

"Me and Caden have something to work on right now, so if you don't mind..." I grab Caden's hand and pull him away from her. She glares at me but I don't care, I have worse matters to take care of.

I find an empty classroom and practically throw him inside. I shut the door and just leave the lights off as the closed windows were still able to provide enough light.

"What's going on?" He seems agitated but I have absolutely no interest in him at the moment.

"My brother. Have you contacted him recently?" I lean across from him, on the teacher's front desk.

"No I haven't. I haven't talked to Sean in a week."

I scratch my head in frustration and groan, "I've been trying to call him these past three days and he still hasn't called back. Could you call him right now?"

I move closer to him and pull at his jeans to try to take his phone out but he pushes me away and holds me by the shoulders. He looks into my eyes as if he's trying to read me and I can't help but look away from his intense stare.

"Are you okay? What's going on?"

"It's nothing." I say, making him give me a look.

"I swear it's nothing." I sigh and then feel guilty, "Okay...my dad texted me about coming home next week. We don't have a good relationship."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

"Are you okay?" His voice goes softer and I sigh.

"No." I say in an obvious tone and look back into his eyes. He looks like he wants to say something but goes against it.

"Then we need to call Sean." He takes his phone from his pocket and dials his number.

After putting it on speaker we wait to hear his voice.

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

"The person you are trying to call is unavailable right now..."

Caden ends the call and makes a confused face.

"He would never not answer me." He looks at me and we both start to think the worst.

"What do you think happened?"

"Is he okay?"

"What about your father? Do you think he did something?"

"No way... I mean, that's a strong possibility. Wait!"