Chapter 52: Run

3 months later...

It's summer break and our apartment is getting much more hectic. Especially since our 3 person apartment is filled with the four of us, containing me, Harper, Jerry, and Harper's mother.

Harper's mother could be a pain in the neck at most times but it was all fine since Harper was always happier than usual. Jerry would have to leave every morning because apparently he worked somewhere that had a great pay. I don't know exactly where because I never got to ask him yet.

I head straight to the cafe feeling extremely tired as the past three months have been hitting me like a truck. All the exams, tests and assignments practically killed me. And yes, I was able to preform the whole dance successfully and my class loved it.

That's another thing I'm upset about.

Caden was never able to see the dance that I made for his song. It pained my heart so much that he wasn't able to make it. The dance turned out to express the emotion of sadness, but even still, the whole class loved it and the teacher actually stood up to give me a standing ovation. The teacher told me that she could actually feel the sadness that I portrayed.

I just wish he was there.

I head out in my jeans and bright crop top. My hair is let loose, and not in my usual bun, as I reach the cafe to earn more money for our new upcoming baby.

"Hey T." I greet Tia and smile at her mom. Jessica was working the cash register and I wave at her as well as I tie my apron around my neck. I take my usual place at the second cash register and a line begins to form in front of me. I take many orders until a familiar young man approaches.

"Nice to see you again. You look beautiful as always." He says and I smile sweetly.

"Jackson, I could only say the same thing."

That's another thing that happened during these past 3 months. I met a new friend, but he is more so an admirer. Every time I was working, this man would keep appearing in front of my cash register. I thought he was only a regular but Jessica told me that he was actually interested in me.

I decided to walk over and talk to the guy, just to see if there was a potential friend in him. He actually seemed like a fun guy, but obviously, he was taking the wrong liking in me and I wasn't looking for a boyfriend. I decided to stop trying to talk to him, but he still comes up whenever I'm working.

But whatever, right?

"Do you want to talk after you finish?"

"I don't know. I have some things to talk about with Jess and Tia." I say, waving my hand in the air nervously.

"I'll wait." He smirks and walks off, leaving me stunned. He didn't even order anything.

When break finally came, of course, Jackson was still sitting at his favorite spot. I turn to look at both Tia and Jess but they shrug towards me. I decide that it would be rude to just ignore him so I might as well just see what he wants. I only hope that this is the right decision.

I walk over and take a seat in front of him. He looks up from his phone with a grin, "Darling, you made it. Let's talk."

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask innocently and he scratches the back of his head nervously. Oh lord. I remember when Caden would always do that when he was nervous. Jackson bites his lip as well, only reminding me of what Caden's lips could do.

Okay..what the hell am I doing?

"I just want to say...I really like you Slovan. I have for a while now. You might think I'm crazy but I think this is fate." He says and I lick my lips as a nervous habit. Now I'm suddenly reminded of how Caden told me not to lick my lips in front of anyone. Why am I still thinking about him? It's been 3 months for christ's sake.