Chapter 20: okays

"Hi..Sean." I say quietly.

My apartment was empty and it was 3 days after the incident outside with Caden and Max. Obviously, my curiosity was peaked after their conversation and I just have to know how everyone seems so connected.

I finally had the courage to call my brother and now that he's picked up I have so much to say.

"Slov!...Yep, that was weird. I'm never going to get used talking to you. It's been too long since we were separated." He complains and I can't help but laugh.

"Completely agree. Okay, so I have a reason for calling..."

"I'm assuming it has to do with Caden."

"Well...yeah it does. Like, how the hell do you guys even know each other? It's so weird. You and the, well, you know how Caden is." I sigh and sit on the couch.

"You bet I do. And, as much as I want to tell you everything, I really can't. I know you're close with Caden and it's just not right for me to tell all his secrets."

"But-"

"No buts Slov. He has a long history and I really hope you would wait for him to be comfortable to open up to you. I'll just tell a small part of it and it kind of has to do with how I moved away with Dad. I had no friends in the beginning and I got into a huge fight with Dad where I ended up running away from home."

"What! You ran from home!" I shriek surprised. He was never one to do things like that.

"Yeah, yeah, it was just not a good day for me. We just moved so I was already frustrated to begin with. So when I ran away I found Caden. We clicked pretty well and became really good friends instantly. When it became night time, I didn't want to go home, so I slept at Caden's place. We were just really good friends. He told me about himself too, I guess he was pretty open at the time. I went back home the next day but I found myself heading out a lot more to meet up with Caden."

"That's nice. I bet Dad wasn't even home as much either."

"Yeah, he wasn't. It made it much more easier to leave home. But now cut to when I start going to school. This might piss you off but I managed to gain a lot of new friends, one that included Max..."

"Sean!" I gasp, why would he be friends with Max when he knew what he did to Harper?

"Look, to be fair, I had no idea it was him to begin with. I got really close with Max and I ended up introducing him to Caden. We became the trio and did a whole lot of stuff together. I guess that ended up bringing us closer but further apart at the same time. I eventually realized it was your Max after learning about his parents and how he went to the psychiatrist. It got really awkward between us and the tension rose between all of us. Max finally found out about what I did and freaked out."

"Yeah, considering you made him move away and make his parents potentially hate him."

"It was all for Harper. And so me and Max had a huge fight and he ended up leaving us, leaving just me and Caden. I had to leave for university and that kind of made it worse for the both of us. We never talked again until I found some news where I had to really help Caden out. This kind of made me hate him for a long time. It was only last week that I really forgave the guy."

"What made you forgive him?"

"Because I realized it wasn't his fault. Just take care of him okay?"

"Okay."

......

Harper returned home and I decided to tell her everything.

She's my best friend after all.

"Classes were so tough today. I received 2 more assignments and I think I'm going to pass out." She states as she puts the groceries on the table.

"You should've just asked me to do the groceries." I rush over to help her out and we put all the stuff away.

I sit on the stool by the counter and tell her everything one by one.

"Since this all pretty much revolves around you, you seriously need to know...I'll just begin by telling you that Caden knows about what happened between you and Max." I tell her and she groans.

"How the hell did that happen?" She gives me an accusing look but I shake my head.

"It was my brother."

"SEAN! OH MY GOD I MISS SEAN! What the fuck? He's back?" She exclaims and I laugh at her mixed emotions.

"Don't worry, you'll see him soon. I found him fighting with Caden one day at school. Long story, I'll tell you later, but yeah apparently the three of them were friends when Sean moved away. He, Caden and Max. And don't be mad at Sean, he had no idea it was the Max." I tell her everything that Sean told me and she takes everything in calmly.

"That's so weird. It just practically means that Caden is seriously a new homie." I gag as she says this and she laughs.

"Shut up, I know you like him." She says and I start choking on nothing.

Do I?

Wait, why the hell am I asking myself that?

"Absolutely not." I state and after a long conversation about my brother, giving birth and killing zombies we decide to go to our separate rooms to finish as much work we could for the day.

Yeah, and about that math assignment, I seriously need Caden, but he is seriously no where to be seen. I haven't seen him for the past 3 days and as much as I hate to say this, I kind of miss his annoying presence.

I'm so weird.

*************************************************************************************

How did you like this chapter folks? I know this chapter was kind of short but I have a pretty fun few chapters coming up sooo get excited!!! Well, have a lit day peace out fammmm