skin...?

Riko-sama's room was dark. It's been ages since she left. When was she going to come back? I stared ahead of me, seeing nothing in particular. Just two posters of a boy band and a magical girl trio which seemed to stare right back at me.

The faint sound of a clock ticking was heard.

Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... Tic-

Okay, that's it, I was going to go paranoid. Being alone in a darkened room was not fun. Sure, the refrigerator was almost like this but at least I had companions!

That's about the time the room started to get strange. It started getting darker and colder. I was used to cold, in fact, I loved cold, but surprisingly, I shivered. It was when the room started getting distorted did I realise that it was actually myself that was getting strange.

My vision was completely blurred and my body felt as though it was getting compressed. It hurt, which was weird, since even if I was bitten or part of me got scooped out, normally it wouldn't hurt a single bit. Maybe a slight itchy and hot sensation but that doesn't really matter.

'...Your prayer has been heard, young pudding.'

A voice. A rich, caramel-like voice. Distinct and mixed with quieter voices, creating a chorus. It was calming and beautiful.

I couldn't place where it was coming from. The voice seemed as though it was coming from all around me. I was sort of terrified, more terrified than when the thought of being eaten by Riko-sama's dad occurred in my mind. An involuntary feeling of fear and submission clouded my mind.

'No need to fear. No need to despair. I shall here forth grant your wish.'

Just as the sentence was finished, a light glow encased me. The pain subsided and my vision got clearer. I felt relaxed and drowsy. Drowsy...? Did puddings...ever need...sl...eep....

I blinked a few times before I could finally see clearly. Huh...? That's strange, why do I see things horizontally? Why does my body feel...heavy? Why is it so cold?

I tried to move, and to my surprise, I did. I could feel the floor touching my bare skin. And with a slight push, I was able to sit up.

....

I cocked my head to a side. Skin?

Very slowly, I stared down. I had a body. I had arms held out in front of me. I had legs. And...um...between my legs... Instantly, I felt my face flaring up and screamed in both embarrassment and shock.

Amazingly, I had jumped to my feet and gaped at myself in horror, on the spot. A short knock on the door snapped me from my internal scream and made me freeze in my place.

"Riko?" Came the muffled call. Holy cheese burgers, it was Ren-sama.

I started to sweat buckets, and a literal heart thumped against my chest. Part of me wanted to open the door and lunge myself at him. But the other rational part of me told me to stay calm and not freak out.

"I'm coming in." The doorknob turned a little and panic got the better out of me.

"W-wait!" I squeaked almost immediately, pulling my head out of the drawer.