C h a p t e r 1 9 - r e a l i t y

Taehyung pov

Taehyung pov

I leaned against the bathroom wall, my bag still clasped in my hand and visions of what I did to her came to mind, playing on repeat and it made me grab my silver hair in trauma.

"I-I didn't do it...p-please forgive me, I didn't...I didn't mean it...he told me t-to...p-please don't hate me Y/n..."

I grabbed my hair more harshly and I was losing it, I needed her to understand...to understand me.

And for the first time, a tear trickled down my eye over my mistake.

My stupid mistake that now, I knew y/n hated me for and I couldn't find a reason to not blame myself.

"S-Sorry..." I murmured softly to the tiled floor, drops of water already staining it.

I needed something to calm me down so I rummaged through my back pocket for a lighter and cigarette, and when I found one, my hands were shaking.

I tried to light the cigarette steadily and when I did, I instantly put it to my lips, breathing the toxic air into my lungs, and it felt good.

It gave me relief.

As I was about to take another breath, I heard steps enter and I quickly grabbed my spare contact lenses from my front pocket in my school bag that was already open.

I went into a bathroom stall and I wiped my tears with my sleeves.

Then when I started to put in my contact lenses, they were interrupted by whispering students.

I peeked through the hinges to see two students talking.

Girls...?

Then I realised when I went to the bathroom, I didn't check which one I went into. I sighed raggedly.

Then one girl spoke, "That guy just totally kissed that girl in the cafeteria in front of everyone." She showed the other girl her phone which seemed to have a picture on it.

The other girl gasped, "That girl looks so shook though, it seemed so mind-blowing to her."

"Yeah...he must have been an acquaintance or something, like personal space boy" The voice giggled.

I quickly put my contacts in as fast as I could and I took my last smoke before crushing the bud against the metallic piece attached to the stall door.

"Do you smell smoke?" One of them said and that's when I heard a sniffing sound. "Yeah I totally smell it, it's like burning metal?"

"Omg yeah, let's get out of here..." She whispered to the girl and I smiled softly as I heard footsteps leaving the bathroom.