Prologue

[Prologue]

[Prologue]

Settled in the shop of Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, young Saros Malfoy found himself drowning in complete boredom as his younger brother, Draco was being fitted for robes for his upcoming first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As the eldest, it was Saros' responsibility to look after his little brother for the time being while their father was next door collecting their books and their mother was down the way, looking at wands. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy were showing the same excitement they had shown back when it was Saros first year in attendance. Although Saros thought his father would show a bit more enthusiasm if he had gotten his way and both boys were sent to Durmstrang Institute instead.

However, their mother insisted above all things to have her boys attend Hogwarts. Not only did she and her husband both attend the school in their youth, but it was much closer than Durmstrang. Even with the abilities of magic, she wanted to keep her sons close. Saros didn't have a problem with it, he absolutely loved the school with the exception of a few things here and there, but he enjoyed his time at Hogwarts and couldn't really picture himself among other faces.

Saros was excited about Draco finally starting up at the school, now his brother could see it and experience Hogwarts for himself, rather than bombarding Saros with questions whenever he was home during the holidays. However, his excitement was hardly showing because, for the last twenty minutes or so, he had been standing there, watching his brother fidget around on a footstool, while the witch Madam Malkin herself, struggled to get him fitted properly. But it was clear, Draco was trying to contain his excitement, he was thrilled about finally attending, following his big brother to the school.

But Draco could sense his brother's boredom, in the mirror, he could see Saros yawning or rolling his eyes whenever Madam Malkin became distracted and wandered away from her work. At the rate they were going, they would be there all day and that wasn't an appealing thought to any child, no matter how young or old.

"Maybe after this, we can convince Father to take us to look at racing brooms?"

Saros glanced up, bearing the same deep blue eyes as their mother as he met Draco's grey gaze, the same as their father. He could see the slight worry etched on his little brother's face, the boy wanted nothing more than to please his big brother or pretty much everyone in the family. Saros shared a great love for Quidditch, not so much as a player but a spectator. He knew the terminology and the famous plays of professional teams and even made it a point to attend every match of the Slytherin school team. He wanted to play Quidditch and of course, he was old enough to at least try-out for the House team, but unfortunately, Saros wasn't confident that he would make it for other reasons and he didn't want to risk embarrassing himself.

Draco had brought up that he was planning on making the team his first year, he had great confidence in his skills and wanted to get involved in something that his brother enjoyed. Saros' little brother was the "pleaser" among the family, he had been like that from the time he was young. He always wanted his family members happy with him and Saros understood that as well because he was the same way in a lot of ways himself. Their parents did everything they could in order to make sure that both their sons were happy and it didn't stop with the bare minimum.