Chapter Forty-Seven

[Chapter Forty-Seven]

On Saturday morning, Saros found himself waking up in good spirits, he even found himself with an appetite, enough that he could eat an entire Weasley certified plate all by himself. He didn't feel nervous about his date that afternoon with Angelina, he was actually looking forward to it. His dreams no longer consisted of nightmares, but of walking around Hogsmeade with Angelina and getting caught up in all sorts of pleasant adventures. For once, he felt like he wasn't being weighed down by stress and it felt really good. However, in the back of his mind, Saros was waiting for something to arise, simply because whenever things were going too well, something had to come along and kick him in the balls.

Breakfast had been fantastic, sitting in the company of the Gryffindor table, along with Luna who joined in to sit with him, Angelina, the twins, Alicia, and Katie. The drama of the Second Task was behind him, quite literally, as Draco sat at the Slytherin table, stealing glances in their direction so often. Saros had tried time and time again to get Draco to see what was wrong and that he was there to help, but there was only so much that Saros could do. He couldn't force Draco to see anything that the boy didn't want to see. And currently, Draco didn't want to see their parents as being wrong.

Saros could sympathise in a lot of ways, after all, it had taken the events of the World Quidditch Cup to open up his eyes to the real world that was taking place around him. But before that, it was more than sixteen years of Saros just going with the motions of his family while never questioning a thing. And if it had not been for Saros witnessing his father's actions that evening, he probably would have continued down the same path, never veering off to form his own beliefs.

He could hope that Draco would find his own wake-up call that would snap him out of the protective bubble he had been placed in, but at the same time, Saros hoped that the wakeup call wouldn't be too harmful to Draco. For the time being, Saros had given him the reminder multiple times that he was there for Draco whenever he decided to come along but until then, he couldn't fight with Draco any longer.

It was too painful, remembering how Draco believed that the only way that Saros could be there for him was if Saros returned home and apologised to their parents. But Saros was never going to do that, simply because he had witnessed too much. He had definitely seen a nasty side to his parents with the way they reacted to him. Maybe it would have been one thing if they sought to ignore him, just as he had been doing with them.

But then there were the passive-aggressive letters and then they truly wanted to hurt Saros, just so they could one-up him and get him to come begging and crawling back. They took away a school payment, they sent back all the little drawings and cards he had ever made for him, and yet, Saros was the expectant one to return and apologise? No, his mother had told him multiple times as a boy that she was going to love him no matter what.

It was after the lethifold incident while Saros was in hospital, she sat by his bedside as Saros started crying, telling her that he was sorry. He was fearful that she was going to get rid of him because he only had one leg instead of two. Narcissa had told him that it was ridiculous to think such things, that she would always love him and be there for him, no matter what. That was her duty as a mother.