Chapter Twenty-One

[Chapter Twenty-One]

Saros remained in his aunt's hold for a few moments, enjoying the sense of comfort that emitted from her embrace. It truly did remind him of his mother, someone that he felt like he needed in the past few weeks, but hadn't been able to turn to simply because she was part of the dilemma he was facing. The fact that Andromeda welcomed him so warmly made him believe that he had done the right thing with contacting her and he was so thankful that she had responded. But the first meeting was just the beginning, it wasn't going to be as simple as sitting down and sharing in a cup of tea.

However, when he did finally pull away from the hug, Andromeda offered him to sit down at a booth with him. The Hog's Head was dimly lit, leaving them in the shadows of the establishment, but perhaps that was for the better at the time. They needed all the privacy they could get at the time when it came to discussing family matters. As Saros took his seat, he found it incredibly difficult to remain still as his leg bounced up and down in place, while his fingers twitched before him on the table.

He assumed that he was supposed to be the first one to speak, especially since he had been the one to summon her there, but even as she sat in front of him with a small smile, he didn't know what to say. Saros didn't know where to begin but it was all bubbling at the surface threatening to come out all at once. Maybe he didn't realise how much it had been weighing down on him or how much the stress had control over him at the time until he started crying at the table.

Andromeda seemed surprised by his actions as he had smiling just moments earlier when they embraced in a hug, but now the boy before her, could hardly stop himself from tearing up. His hands shifted from the table covering his face to hide from the others inside the pub that had glanced over. However, they all quickly looked away when Andromeda proceeded to stare them down.

"Saros..." she whispered his name softly, " Saros...you don't have to cry..."

He pulled his hands away from his face and his eyes met hers and for a few seconds, Andromeda was left with the chilling sensation, that she was looking right back at her little sister as it seemed Saros had inherited the striking blue eyes that had left many envious over the years. However, his were quite watery, before he wiped his sleeve over them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he said, " but I just...come to realise, that you're here...you're here but that doesn't solve all my problems. I thought everything was just going to sort itself out by seeing you, but it's not that simple, is it?"

She reached out one of her hands and placed it over his. "I'm afraid not, Saros, things are usually never that simple. At least, not when it comes to family matters. Are you really contemplating leaving them all behind? What brought about you thinking to do so?"

Biting the inside of his cheek for a few seconds, Saros let out a small sigh. "It started off when we were attending the Quidditch World Cup, everything was going fine. We were all happy and then the night settled in and...there were muggles running the area, it was their land that the event was taking place on. And during the night, my father, he went out with a few others and they terrorised the entire event."