Chapter Thirty-Nine

[Chapter Thirty-Nine]

Luckily, the first Apparition Class didn't go well for anyone and that left Saros feeling a bit better that he hadn't tried at all for the first part. He didn't admit it to Angelina or anyone else at the time, but his own insecurities were getting the best of him. Yet, he reminded himself over and over that he had managed to take on a dragon head on in an arena. He had survived the First Task, enough that he even managed to get first place so far in the Triwizard Tournament. Something like Apparition almost seemed juvenile in respects to that task, so Saros had to tell himself one thing :

Get over it.

He needed to drop the insecurities pertaining to his leg because the way he viewed himself was no better than how his parents had viewed him over the years. They had practically deemed him helpless over the years and Saros always wanted to prove them wrong. Now that he actually had the chance, he was just falling back and he couldn't blame it on his parents anymore, they weren't there to over-worry about him. It was all on his shoulders, he was holding himself back.

The only way he could keep pushing himself forward was focusing on all the positives that had happened that year alone so far, rather than focusing on the negatives. Just recently, Angelina had asked him out on a proper date for Valentine's Day and every time Saros thought about it, he left weak in the knees. From that moment on, the two of them tried to act like nothing was different between them, but it was hard to ignore the feelings that continued to develop.

Saros was practically head over heels for Angelina, even if he had a funny way of showing it, his affectionate expressions were always rather reserved. But he was trying to open up more, trying to reassure Angelina that he liked her just as much as she liked him and possibly even more. He thought about what they were going to do on Valentine's Day as it definitely gave him something to look forward to. Especially since Valentine's Day took place only ten days before the Second Task.

With the time growing near, Saros had only figured out a little bit more pertaining to the task but still couldn't figure out what they were going to take from the champions. He assumed that the play on the message that could only be heard underwater meant that whatever was going to be taken from them would be found beneath the waters of the Black Lake. Saros hoped that he was wrong considering what creatures dwelled in the Black Lake beyond the merfolk but he was fairly certain that was the case.

Every morning after Saros woke up, he would head over to his trunk, going through his things to see if anything was missing. Nothing seemed to be out of place, but something caught Saros' attention as he sat at the edge of his bed going through his belongings. At the bottom of the trunk, was the sound of small tapping with the occasional flutter sound. Moving his clothing and extra robes out of the way, Saros reached in grabbed the item, only to open his hand afterwards and reveal a small Golden Snitch.

It tried to fly out of his hand but Saros gripped it tightly between his fingers to keep it in place.

Back when Draco had first joined the Slytherin Quidditch Team, Saros had made sure to attend every single match that his brother played in, even if it made Saros slightly envious. It had always been his dream to play Quidditch, but due to his paranoia over his leg, he never did give it a try. But Draco had tried out and made the team, of course, many believed that he had simply bought his way onto the team, but that wasn't true at all.