Chapter Fifty-One

[Chapter Fifty-One]

[Chapter Fifty-One]

In the events leading up to the Third Task, the castle seemed to be relatively quiet in relation to the drama that had been surrounding most of the term. At least, things were settling down a bit for Saros and for that, he was incredibly thankful. Putting the drama that he shared with his brother and parents behind him for a bit, he was actually able to relax and focus on himself. And since his heart to heart with Professor Moody, the tension between them seemed to disperse and eventually, disappear altogether. Finally, Saros was able to focus on himself and what made him happy, which included spending time Angelina and his new friends, connecting with his other relatives, and focusing on his schoolwork.

Professor McGonagall had made it a point after one class to encourage Saros into further studying Transfiguration and perhaps finding a career in the field. However, there was something else on Saros' mind when it came to his career path and since Angelina had agreed to help him, Saros was really determined to conquer Quidditch. The same day that Angelina agreed to help him, his night had been filled with amazing dreams of him becoming a star Quidditch player, his name comparable to that of Viktor Krum's around the world. That was the dream that he had in mind and Angelina made it clear that she was more than determined to make it happen for him.

After classes, Angelina told him to meet her up at the Quidditch Pitch, however, according to Professor McGonagall, it wasn't to be used, leaving them to use the grounds near the Forbidden Forest for any sort of practice. Angelina had her own broom that she was willing to modify however Saros needed to help him out. Although Saros didn't like the sound of modifying anything that didn't belong to him. But she was always so insistent on it so he couldn't really bring himself to argue.

And as support, Luna tagged along to cheer Saros on, although he wished cheering worked like magic because he figured he needed a miracle to help him get through it.

"I don't know about this, Angie," Saros began on the early evening of their first practice, " maybe we should try a different day. Maybe wait until the Easter holidays to get started."

"Saros, you already told me that your aunt, uncle, and your cousin are coming to visit you during the Easter holidays. You're not going to come up with an excuse to get out of this," she told him. "I know you're nervous, but you're going to have to tackle this head on or you'll never get your feet off the ground...literally."

"I think Angelina is right, Saros," Luna called out from where she sat in the grass, a safe distance from where the other two were standing. "My mother told me when I was younger that you can only expect the type of results from the effort you put into things. So if you don't try, you can't succeed."

Rubbing his hands together, it was apparent that Saros was extremely nervous when it came to just mounting a broom. Unfortunately, thinking back to the time where he had made a complete fool of himself as a first-year continued to play over in his mind. He remembered all the other children laughing and he remembered just how terrible he felt when Madam Hooch figured that he just wasn't going to be able to pass the class so he was just given a pity pass.