Chapter Twenty

[Chapter Twenty]

[Chapter Twenty]

Saros had been holding his breath the entire time as he waited for Angelina to answer and the longer she took, the more he felt as though the answer was going to be no. Perhaps he should have started smaller, such as offering her to attend the library with him at a different time. Or maybe he should have waited until a different time to ask her, considering he had left her high and dry earlier in the day. There was a chance that Angelina was upset with him, even if she was being polite to him. After another minute of silence, Saros was going to just take the loss for the day and head into the Great Hall.

"Right, I understand," he said to her, " maybe some other time."

Going to walk past her, Saros kept his head low to hide the look of disappointment on his face, however, before he could make it by Angelina, she reached out her hand to stop him. Her hand came to rest across his chest and Saros felt his heart skip a beat. Glancing up, he met her gaze, enjoying the view of the brown eyes that stared back at him.

"I would love to go to Hogsmeade with you," she finally answered and if it had been physically possible, Saros would have turned into a puddle of various emotions. He was beyond thrilled that she had accepted his invitation and at the same, he realised that she had accepted, which meant they were going to be spending the day together in Hogsmeade...alone. Well, they wouldn't be completely alone, but they wouldn't be in the company of peers and that left Saros nervous.

Thinking about the joke he had told back in the Hospital Wing to comfort Hermione, Saros knew that one of his shortcomings was definitely making small talk. He had never been big with conversation, keeping a polite back and forth as he had been taught to do, but he never went out of his way to share in a chit-chat with someone. He had a feeling that Angelina was going to see just how boring he was to be around in person and their first outing in Hogsmeade was going to be their last.

"Saros?"

Jumping out of his thoughts, Saros looked up at her once more, only to see a smile form on her lips.

"G-great," he managed to get out as his voice cracked partially, " I mean, great, that's great. Well, alright, then that's settled."

Once again as the two faced each other, they fell silent and the awkwardness took over, but at the same time, it wasn't a painful awkwardness. They simply couldn't look at each other without blushing or becoming warm in the face, their bashful nature around one another clearly showing. Neither one of them knew what to say until they came to the silent agreement to head into the Great Hall.

They parted ways, but not without another stolen look at one another as they headed towards their respected tables.

Not finding himself very hungry, Saros was in a rather good mood as he sat at the Slytherin table by himself.  Setting the nerves aside, he tried to convince himself that he was overthinking things, that maybe he and Angelina would have a good time at Hogsmeade. Maybe they could go to Honeydukes, where he could treat her to plenty of sweets and then they could head to the Three Broomsticks Inn and Pub for some nice butterbeer.