Chapter Five

[Chapter Five]

[Chapter Five]

The last thing Saros ever wanted to do, especially in the presence of others, was fall down because it left him feeling vulnerable. The couple of times that he had fallen while getting used to his prosthetic had made his parents hover over him non-stop as they figured that he was going to be off balance for the rest of his life. However, even the most balanced person in life probably couldn't avoid being shoved down during a human stampede caused out of fear and panic. Wizards and witches were abandoning their tents and the scene and Saros was trying to move to head back to the tent to warn his mother and brother that something was up. He didn't want his family to be caught up with people crashing into the tent, especially since Draco and Narcissa had been asleep when Saros last saw them.

Saros was moving in the direction of the tent, trying to keep a lookout for his father at the same time, however, the boy was able to finally get a glimpse of those that were harbouring the muggles up in the air. Their dark cloaks did well to mask their identities, as did the masks covering their faces, but Saros recognised one of the masks because he had seen it once before as a child. It wasn't a secret within the Malfoy household that his father had been a follower of the Dark Lord, respectively called a "Death Eater."

The mask wasn't kept out in the open but when Saros and Draco were younger, they had a tendency to explore the manor, during their imaginative adventures.At one point, they had come across the mask that their father placed away, along with other artefacts. However, before they could even touch it, their mother had come into the room and scolded them. They were told to never enter the room without permission and to never touch any of the items either. The boys weren't the only ones who received the scolding either as Narcissa had a run at Lucius when he came home that very evening, warning him to be mindful of the things he left out as his sons were young and curious. 

As Saros grew older, along with Draco, they learned that their father owned plenty of artefacts that were considered dark. Many of them were kept out of sight, as his father claimed to be a collector of some sort, more so fascinated by the items than putting them to use. The collection had become a lot smaller especially before the start of Draco's second year at Hogwarts. Everything had been fine one afternoon, Draco and Saros were sitting inside the manor enjoying lunch when Lucius came in, a feverish rush to his step.

Narcissa picked up on her husband's behaviour abruptly and Lucius explained that Arthur Weasley had been placed in charge of conducting raids on several wizarding houses to collect Dark artefacts or illegally enchanted objects. Some of the items within the manor had been in the family for centuries, others decades, but still, each of them had been in the possession of the family for a long time.

Lucius proceeded to "cleanse" the home as he sold plenty of the items to Borgin and Burkes, and that was the last that Saros had heard of that, unaware that it was his father that had been the one to slip a diary once belonging to the Dark Lord to the youngest Weasley, in hopes of opening the Chamber of Secrets once more. Apparently, back when Lucius had served the Dark Lord, he had been given the diary, a plan for it to be used one day to reopen the Chamber of Secrets and finally give the school a proper cleansing so that Muggle-borns were no longer attending.