Chapter Fifty-Three

[Chapter Fifty-Three]

Ted and Tonks were quite the duo together, enough so that they had Saros laughing almost the entire time during their visit. Their antics consisted of telling jokes, playfully bickering with one another, or making outrageous faces at each other that Saros couldn't resist. It certainly felt good to laugh the majority of the time as he had been so fearful that the meeting was going to end up being awkward. But that wasn't the case at all, as all three of them had made Saros feel more than welcome as if he had known them his entire life.

"So what are your plans for the summer?" Ted ventured to ask at one point. The silly tone on the conversation dwindled immediately as the smile on Saros' face vanished. Truth be told, he hadn't thought about it in a while, but it was something that he should have considered. He couldn't go back to the Malfoy Manor unless he was looking for a fight and he certainly wasn't allowed to stay at the castle during the summer holidays either.

He remembered that Andromeda had offered him to stay at their home, but at the same time, he felt like that would be intruding. Unable to come up with a quick answer on the spot, Saros suddenly looked panicked and it certainly didn't go unnoticed by the other three. Andromeda reached her hand out and placed it over his gently to grab his attention.

"Saros, the offer still stands for you to come and stay with us over the summer," she said softly, " we have plenty of room in the house. And it would take the stress off your shoulders rather than trying to find another place to stay."

Before Saros could respond, it was Tonks, who interrupted by letting out a scoffing sound before looking back and forth between her parents. "Come on, Mum, Saros doesn't want to live with old people."

His eyes widened drastically as he would have never been able to say such a thing back in the Manor to his parents They would have been highly offended by him or Draco saying anything along those lines. And it wasn't like Andromeda and Ted were old by any means, Andromeda was only a couple of years older than Narcissa. For a middle-aged witch, Andromeda was ageing beautifully, a trait of the Black family, as they only seemed to become more beautiful with time.

However, Ted and Andromeda didn't take offence to their daughter's statement as Saros believed they would. Instead, Ted started laughing while Andromeda simply rolled her eyes and shook her head to hide the smile that threatened to form on her lips.

"Well then, Nymphadora, what do you suggest?" Andromeda questioned, bringing Tonks to glance over in her mother's direction with a deadly look. Saros didn't know what his cousin had against her full name, but apparently, she didn't like it enough that she requested to go by a nickname at all times. But it seemed that Andromeda was not one to be afraid to address her by her real name.

There was a flicker of red that reflected in Tonks' hair to show off the young woman's annoyed state but rather than giving in and telling her mother not to call her that, Tonks looked over in Saros' direction.