Chapter 1

(3rd person + flashback)

A beautiful day in Remnant was always what many people want: the skies clear and blue while the sun shined through the dark corners of this world. Vale was a popular place to settle down, that was particularly the case for a certain family of hunters.

Three individuals stood outside their home in the back garden, their smiles brighter than the orb of gas and heat in the sky itself, a man who looked to be at the age of his mid thirties with (H/C) hair was chasing a smaller version of himself with scruffy (H/C) hair and dazzling (E/C) eyes. Laughter could be heard from the two of them as a beautiful woman with long black hair and (E/C) eyes watched on with a pretty smile.

???: Ok boys, time to stop, you don't want to miss your lunch now, do you?

Instantly the two males stopped with drool coming down their mouths as both their eyes sparkled at the idea of food. They eyed each other with what seemed to be a competitive glare before they both raised their arms high to the sky.

???/???: Food! Mine and not yours! You don't deserve it!

The woman couldn't help but laugh at their childish antics, she watched on with fondness as the man scooped the child into his arms before resting him with his stomach over his shoulder, a childish whine came from the boy while he pounded his fists into the man's stomach.

???: Let me go Dad! That's cheating! I want the food! You can't have it!

The boy's father merely chuckled in amusement when hearing his son talk about food as if he owned every food in sight, he hoisted him even higher, settling the boy's legs across his neck and giving him a piggyback.

???: How's that for you? Now you can watch as I eat all the food!

???: Nooooooo!!!!

???: (F/N), if you don't stop teasing our child, I will let him eat the food while you watch!

(F/N): Ok! Ok! Just don't take my food away from me (M/N)!

(M/N)'s giggled mischievously while watching the child on her husband's shoulders poke his tongue out at the father while pulling on his hair, it made her go into a deep thought.

(M/N): He's only seven years old, yet he has the traits of a hunter already. He's told me he wants to be a huntsman, but, I need to show him that the job isn't just fun and games, there comes real risks, and real consequences...

???: Mommy?

She was snapped out of her thoughts by the child himself who was let down off his father's shoulders and now pulling on her hand gently.

(M/N): Sorry (Y/N), I didn't mean to keep you waiting sweetie, now, let's go eat, it's your favourite!

(Y/N): Alright! You're the best Mommy!

(M/N): Of course I am! How do you think I managed to snag the prize of world's most famous huntress!?

(F/N): Probably through cheating...

A simple death glare from the woman was all it took for (F/N) to instantly clamp up with a nervous expression on his face.

(F/N): I mean, because you worked the hardest of course! I didn't say anything bad! Hehehe...

(Y/N) looked confused after his father's sudden change in attitude, but then it became a bright smile as a devious idea came to mind.

(Y/N): Since Daddy's distracted, I can get all the food!

The little boy dashed into the house at tremendous speeds catching the two parents off guard, but (Y/N)'s sentence came to (F/N) quickly as he went wide-eyed with horror and slight rage!