Chapter 5

(3rd Person)

Mornings, always something no one could ever love. Unless you were a hyperactive pancake lover, in which case mornings were the best time of the day (Y/N) could hear Nora's voice all the way from where he was sleeping trying to make Ren wake up, probably to either make her pancakes, make sure they were early for the initiation... Most likely both.

(Y/N): Geez, I'd hate to have a cr...

Nora's head spun around with her neck cracking and glaring right into the (H/C) haired teenager's soul, it instantly caused him to grow a face of fear as he recalled being chased by her massive hammer yesterday.

(Y/N): I mean, I would love to have a hyperactive friend always talking to me! He he he!

Nora regrew her normal smile before snapping her head back to Ren as the two went off probably to cook pancakes, then again, there was more stuff to do in the morning than just make pancakes.

One by one, all the students rose from their sleeping bags to ready themselves for today. (Y/N) noticed the two sisters who are now his new friends were already awake as well.

Yang: So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby:Yep! No more awkward small talk or 'getting-to-know-you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

(Y/N): You'd have to keep up with Pain and Gain first before you could ever hope of letting your 'sweetheart' do your talking. I might just snatch up all the competition before you could even get a chance to shine!

Ruby: Yeah right! Pain and Gain may be cool revolvers, but my Crescent Rose will leave them in the dust today!

(Y/N): Then how about a little bet? I have no doubt that we'll have to exterminate Grimm in initiation so once we finish, we count how many Grimm we took care of, whoever has the least has to go without their favourite thing for a whole week. In other words: brownies for me, and cookies for you!

Ruby seemed unsure about this bet, after all, she didn't want to lose her precious cookies. Then again, she wanted to prove (Y/N) wrong about his guns being better than her modified weapon, she was confident she'd win.

Ruby: Alright! Prepare to lose your brownies!

(Y/N): On the contrary: you're going to lose your cookies!

Yang grew a worried expression at seeing sparks fly from the two future students' eyes which met in the middle of their competitive glares.

Yang: Not just a friend, but a rival too? Ruby's going to have no problems with making friends now if she keeps this up!

(Y/N): By the way, how will you do with teams? I noticed you weren't that enthusiastic about team-mates...

Instantly Ruby's expression paled slightly at the question, as well as mention of teams.

Ruby: Well, I don't know... maybe I could try being on a team with Yang?

Yang: Maybe you should find another team instead?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

(Y/N) chuckled at the conversation going on between the two sisters. Though he couldn't help but feel slightly jealous at seeing the sibling relationship, something he had never got to feel. With a sigh he turned to go find his locker where he place Pain, Gain and Sting inside, even if he was hesitant on using Sting.

(Timeskip)

Just as (Y/N) got his weapon out of his locker, he heard a rather unusual conversation going on behind him.