Chapter 11

(1st Person (Y/N))

This... this is just sad to watch. I know Dad tells me never to make fun of people, especially if they're my friends, but Jaune is being completely dominated. We were currently in Goodwitch's which is combat, one of my favourites. Though I don't think I'm one of her favourite students... yet... I hope.

Anyway, Jaune was  only swinging a few times while Cardin Winchester, the leader of team CRDL was easily parrying the attacks. After those few swings, Jaune seemed to already be low on stamina, it confused me greatly; weren't huntsman supposed to have at least enough stamina to start a duel? Guess Jaune's just a special case... or maybe...

Goodwitch: Cardin! That's enough!

Oh, fight's over already, and of course Cardin's the winner with no damage to his aura chart... which reminds me. That technique I practised before was something Dad is famous for. See, not just my Mom's famous... dammit I forgot to use Sting, she's so going to kill me. Not important though, the technique Dad was famous for had to do with aura itself, everyone can used aura with the basic traits: healing, offensive, defensive.

My Dad's special talent, or semblance was that he could use his aura in a way that pushes his body to the limits. In other words, multiply his strength, speed and any other traits you'd use in a fight like your five senses. He taught me how to do it, but my aura control's not as strong as Dad's, after all, his is a semblance whereas mine's just an ability with my aura making my aura strengthening technique much weaker.

Goodwitch: Remember everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practising! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Ah crud, I took the time to re-explain my technique to myself I totally tuned out Goodwitch! Now I'll never be her favourite student!

Goodwitch: Mr (L/N), may I have a word with you before you leave?

Never mind, my chance's back!

(3rd Person)

(Y/N) sat there with his feet dangling from his seat while Goodwitch stared at him with what seemed to be curiousness. Eventually when she was sure everyone had left, Goodwitch released a sigh she had been suppressing.

Goodwitch: Mr (L/N), something that I've noticed about your profile when Professor Ozpin recruited you was your semblance: you never wrote down what it was, you described it sure, however you don't seem to have a name for it.

(Y/N): And?

Goodwitch: I'd rather not have a student who has a nameless semblance... come up with a name for it by tomorrow.

(Y/N): What? But...

Goodwitch: No buts, besides, it's lunchtime now, correct? And if I recall correctly, Professor Ozpin stated there would be the off chance of brownies being on sale...

A high speed shock wave blew Goodwitch onto her face as (Y/N) dashed out of the classroom without a second thought. Goodwitch pushed herself off the floor while dusting her uniform down with one thought in mind:

Goodwitch: If he's Beacon's representative, I feel sorry for whoever's on team Remnant with him...

(Timeskip)

How many brownies do you need!? That was the only thing going through everyone's minds as (Y/N) went up to the table composed the two teams he's come to known very well: RWBY and JNPR, though there was one person who approved of the tower of brownies on his plate and that was the pancake lover Nora.