Chapter 13

(3rd Person)

After that encounter on the roof, (Y/N) decided it would be best to stick close to his friends in order to ensure none of them succumb to Melissa's body snatching technique. He could fight anyone in a friendly sparring match including his friends, but he knew Melissa would fight (Y/N) to the point where he'd have no choice but to mercifully kill his friends.

His friends died before, he didn't ever want to see that again. Even if it means he'd have to give up to Melissa. But for now, just focus on the present, and the present right now was he was invited by team RWBY to go meet the new arrivals to Vale. Well, that's what Weiss wanted everyone to think...

Weiss: The Vytal festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

(Y/N): Same, who'd of thought the Ice Queen could ever smile!

Weiss: Quiet!

With a smack to the back of his head, (Y/N)'s face met with the ground making him groan in pain while his legs twitched comically. Yang plucked (Y/N) out of the ground with a big smile on her face.

Yang: Looks like I just pulled a rather handsome plant out of the ground~

(Y/N): Nah, it's just me!

All of team RWBY grew deadpan expressions at Yang's attempt at flirting went directly over his head. He was even smiling innocently just to prove how oblivious he is.

Weiss: Anyway, how could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament...

(Y/N): Tournament!? Ok! I'm fully interested now!

Weiss: Unsurprising, since a brute like yourself only cares about fighting.

(Y/N) instantly grows an aura of sadness before looking down, Ruby comes over and pats his shoulder in comfort.

Yang: That was a bit mean...

Weiss: But not a lie, would you rather I lied to our friend?

(Y/N): Finally! Weiss sees me as a friend!

Weiss suddenly felt her ribs were about to break from the bone crushing hug she received from the (H/C) haired boy, she grew a slight blush but quickly pushed (Y/N) off her with a disgusted expression on her face.

Weiss: Don't do that again, and do not get the wrong idea. I merely see you as a capable acquaintance, nothing more!

Ruby: Didn't know Weiss could be such a bad liar...

Weiss: What was that!?

Ruby: I said... woah...

Everyone turned their attention to where Ruby was looking and saw a shop covered in yellow crime tape, the window was shattered and two detectives were examining the crime scene while writing down in their notepads. Out of curiosity they all went up to one of the detectives.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective: Robbery, second dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible...

(Y/N): Poor shop people, now they can't afford to keep the shop open with all the money gone...

Detective 2: They left all the money again...

(Y/N): Never mind, I'm stupid...

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?