Chapter 6

The attic was a scary place.

I followed the girl named Annabeth up the stairs and into the attic.

She paused for a moment, looking at the artifacts that were around the room. There was everything you could think of, ranging from swords and shields to a dragons head.

She sighed and went over to a mummy.

No, not any mummy. It looked like some 90's hipster mummy. It wore a tie-dye shirt and a headband that covered it's non-existent hair.

"O Oracle of Delphi." Annabeth said, looking slightly nervous, "I have recieved a quest."

Then, the weirdest thing happened. The Oracle opened her mouth and her marble eyes began to glow. Green smoke poured out of her mouth and surrounded Annabeth.

"You shall go west and face the god who has turned."

Spoke the raspy voice. The mist showed a picture of a compass, then three people walking. I reconized all of them. Annabeth, Luke, and Grover.

"You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned."

This time it was an image of Annabeth holding a lightning bolt as she bowed in front of a man. Zeus, I assumed.

"You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend."

Somehow, Annabeth looked over to where I was standing. Her eyes widened.

I didn't hear the last line, and Annabeth seemed to ignore what she heard.

"Who are you?" She asked, stepping closer.

I had no answer.

Had Luke's spell worn off?

Had the Oracle somehow messed with the magic?

Whatever the case, I needed to get away.

So, I jumped out the window.

Great plan Percy.

I ran until I was out of the camp borders and tried to remember the way I had come.

After what seemed like hours of trying to figure out which direction to go a car pulled up.

I may or may not have screamed.

"Chill!" Katelyn laughed. "I got a call from Luke that you guys came. He told me to park and wait out here in case anything went wrong."

"You're 14." I said, stepping into the passenger seat, "Are you even old enough to drive?"

"Nope!" She grinned, pressing down on the gas pedal. "I never learned, but it can't be that hard!"

Needless to say, it was not a very fun ride.

***

It was a miracle we didn't get in a wreck.

Actually, that's a lie. Katelyn wrecked the blue pickup she had stolen, then fled the scene.

And that's why I will never get a ride from Katelyn again.

"Hey Kate and random dude I helped kidnap!" Was our hello as we entered the old warehouse.

"Don't call me that." Katelyn growled.

"It's Percy. And hey Noah." I sighed.

"Sure thing Kate." He grinned, completely ignoring me.

Katelyn rolled her eyes.

Just as I turned to walk back to my room Noah yelled at me, "Yo Perce! Meeting time!"

***

Five minutes later I found myself sitting around a table with Katelyn, Noah, Mark, some dude named Dave, and a girl named Pheobe as we iris messaged our two spies from Camp Half-Blood.

They gave us the new details, eventually asking me to say what I found out.

I told them about the prophecy and what I had seen with Annabeth. I hesitated at the part when Annabeth saw me. Luke didn't yell like I expected.

There was a crash from the CHB side and Silena sighed, "Gotta go!" The message was cut off.

Pheobe told us all to go to bed, before leaving to go to her room.

8/6/19 - Did some small editing on this chapter

1/4/20 - fixed a few more things, no such thing as too much editing, right?