Extra Scene #2 - She's missing! + Hazel!

(Featuring Piper McLean, Jason Grace, and Leo Valdez)

"Grover!" Percy yelled to his best friend.

The stayr smiled and trotted over, "Hey Percy! Haven't seen you in a whole week. What's up?"

"Annabeth!" Percy said. "She's missing! I walked her to her cabin last night, and when I went to breakfast this morning, she was gone. I asked her siblings and none of then have seen her since last night. Her bed is empty and unmade!"

Grover sighed, "That is strange. Did you talk to Chiron?"

Percy nodded so fast Grover thought his head might fall off, "Yes! Chiron contacted the gods, but they apparantly had no idea where she was. He said I could lead a search party if she wasn't back in three days."

"You're this concerned, yet you still deny the fact that you have a major crush on Annabeth?"

"Not the time, Grover!"

*

(Oh, it's always the time, Grover. Am I right fangirls?)

Percy led a search party for Annabeth three days later. He took Malcom Pace, son of Athena, Annabeth's brother, and Grover Underwood.

They found nothing.

*

***

She's not here, she's not here, she's not here!

Godsdamit why wasn't she here?

Being a son of Hades, Nico di Angelo felt like he should know the Underworld pretty well.

Sadly, he had no clue.

He had walked straight through three souls, almost got eaten by Ceberus, almost got sat on by Ceberus, and had managed to trip over a tree.

And it was all for nothing.

She wasn't here.

He was a son of Hades, and the mortal world was slowly becoming messed up. Dead were coming back. Death wasn't permanent.

So why did it have to be permanent for his sister? Why couldn't Bianca be here?

He was walking through Asphodel with his depressing thoughts when he noticed the girl. She had frizzy brown hair, dark skin, and golden eyes. For some reason, Nico was drawn to her.

She seemed to be looking right at him, but that was impossible. Souls in Asphodel were wanderers. They had lost their minds, they wandered aimlessly around the large field.

But not this girl.

No, she was special.

Nico walked over to here, where he was immediately greeted by a glare.

"Who are you?" The girl asked. Her voice was higher pitched with a southern accent.

"My name is Nico di Angelo. Are you aware of where you are?"

The girl rolled her eyes, "I'm in school, obviously." When all she got was a blank stare from Nico, she sighed, "I'm in the fields of Asphodel in the Roman Underworld."

Nico nodded, "You're Roman?"

He figured it was lucky that he had found the Roman camp a week ago. Maybe he could bring this girl in as a new recruit, a way to bring trust. She seemed powerful and smart.

She nodded, "Daughter of Pluto. I assume you know what I'm talking about?"

Pluto.

Hades's Roman form.

His sister.

If I can't save Bianca, maybe I can save her?

"Nice to meet you, daughter of Pluto. I'm the son of Hades."

"Guess that makes us half-siblings. My name is Hazel Levesque."

Nico smiled, "Hazel, this may sound strange, but I think I can help you. Would you be interested in going to a camp for half-bloods? Training and learning the ways of the Romans?"

"I'm dead." Hazel reminded him politely, "Besides, I have my mother." Her eyes traveled to a soul standing a few feet away. A youngish woman who paced and muttered to herself. "She needs me."

"Hazel, your mother isn't aware right now. She won't notice if you're gone. If you come with me, I swear on the River Styx that you will have a better life."

Hazel hesitated as thunder boomed, "Alright, Nico di Angelo. Show me what the son of Hades can do."

*

Nico led Hazel to a new world at a place known as Camp Jupiter. Hazel joined the 5th Cohort and eventually met her best friend, Frank Zhang.

She thanks the gods for Nico every day.

*

***

Jason was very confused. And sadly, this was a new normal for him.

His confusion started when he woke up on the bus with no memories, siting next to his "best friends" Leo Valdez and Piper McLean.

Then, the trio, along with a satyr  named Coach Hedge, had been attacked. Coach had been captured, Leo knocked unconscious, and Piper thrown over the Grand Canyon.

And of course, Jason's instincts had been crazy. He had jumped over the ledge of the Grand Canyon and grabbed Piper.

When he caught up, she had given him a wide eyed look and yelled, "ARE YOU CRAZY?"

Jason had shrugged. Then, he followed those crazy instincts again. He grabbed her by the waist and thought about how he didn't want to be a Jason sized pancake on the floor of the Grand Canyon.

They had stopped falling, and hung in midair. Piper had given him another look, and he shrugged again. Then, they started rising, until they reached the platform again, where they met a very confused Leo.

Then, to top it all off, a chariot had fallen out of the sky. Two boys had stepped out, while their pegasi, yes the flying horses, stamped their hooves.

A guy with black hair and green eyes had leapt out of the chariot, grabbed a sword (which seemed to appear from nowhere) and was now threatening Jason with it.

"Where is she!" He demanded, the sword's tip an inch from Jason's throat.

"Where is who?" Jason squeaked.

"Her name is Annabeth Chase. Hera said that the blond with the scar would know. You're the only blond with a scar I see. Now, where is she?" .

"Dude," Jason said, "Can you please put down the sword? I have no idea what you're talking about."

The other guy sighed, "Leave him, Percy. We'll talk more back at camp. We've got three new demigods. We need to get them back."

"Percy" nodded and touched a pen cap to the end of his sword. The sword shrunk down into a normal ballpoint pen, leaving Jason very confused.

"This isn't over." Percy promised.

And that's how Jason found himself spiraling towards the ocean.

*

Jason went on a quest with Piper and Leo. It was discovered that Jason was a son of Zeus, Piper a daughter of Aphrodite, and Leo a son of Heaphestus. They were sent on a quest to rescue Hera.

During this time, Jason regained his memories. He learned his name was Jason Grace, and he had a sister named Thalia. He was a Roman demigod, son of Jupiter.

And he had switched places with Annabeth Chase.

*

***

Annabeth Chase didn't know what to think about this Camp Jupiter place.

Sure, it was a very nice place, and she had made friends with Reyna, Frank, and Hazel. But something seemed off about that Nico guy...

And no matter what she did, Camp Jupiter never quite felt like home.