Chapter 7

"Then you move your hand and the water - NO NOT LIKE THAT!" Luke yelled, trying to ignore the fact that I had accidently shoved water down his throat.

Oops.

Luke decided to be nice and try to teach me how to use my powers. It wasn't going very well.

I either almost drowned Luke, choked Luke, soaked Luke, poisoned Luke (we don't talk about that one), made Luke slip, or dropped Luke from 10 feet in the air.

Poor guy.

Yet Luke still decided to try and teach me. That was his mistake.

"Sorry Luke!" I threw him a towel.

He grinned and looked at his watch, "Oh Styx! I gotta go!'' He ran off.

Well, that was fun.

***

I got my first talk with Kronos later that day.

I never would've said it to his face, but the guy was creepy.

"Quit bein' a baby and get up there!" Katelyn yelled, pushing me toward the coffin.

I glared at her then slowly stepped forward, unsure of what to do.

I looked back at Katelyn, who gestured for me to go on.

I nervously laid my hands on the coffin, just as Luke had instructed me to do earlier.

Nothing happened.

I turned to ask Katelyn if I did something wrong, but she wasn't there.

I turned around and found that the coffin was gone.

I tried not to panic as a golden mist swirled in front of me.

"Hello Perseus." A raspy voice whispered, making me shiver.

"Hey?" I asked, my voice more high pitched than normal.

The voice chuckled, "I like you, Perseus."

I wondered if that was a good thing.

"I am Kronos, Titan of time, and soon to be ruler of the world. You joining my side has brought me one step closer to rising. Thank you."

Somehow, Kronos sounded sincere.

"You're, uh, welcome, sir." I was shaking and all that was going through my mind was please don't kill me, please don't kill me.

"No need to be nervous, Perseus." Kronos replied, "I have a mission for you. Two demigods and a satyr will be going on a quest to retrieve the lightning bolt. As Luke has told you, I had him steal it. I want you to do everything you can to stop them and make sure a war between the gods happens."

"Y-Yes sir." I nodded.

"Good. I will see you when the mission is done."

Then, the golden mist disappeared and I found myself back in the room, facing the coffin.

It looked as if it had never been touched.

I finally got myself to stop shaking and turned around to see Katelyn eating a sandwich.

Was I really gone (?) long enough for her to make a sandwich?

"Welcome back." She said after swallowing, "How'd it go?"

SO I ACCIDENTLY STABBED MYSELF IN THE HAND LAST NIGHT. I DO NOT RECCOMEND. DON'T DO IT. IT HURTS.

And there has been advice from Festus. You are welcome.