Extra Scene #1 - Bonding

"Travis, that might be the worst idea I've ever heard."

"So you're in?" Travis Stoll grinned, holding out his hand.

Percy shook his head, "I don't know how you wrap me into this sort of thing."

"It's just pranking the Athena cabin! I do it all the time!" Travis defended.

"Sure you do. But I'm newish, and Annabeth will skewer me."

"At least you'll have fun before your death. I mean, everyone here is surprised you're not dead yet."

Percy laughed, "I appreciate that, Travis."

"It's a common conversation between our friends. Seriously! You've done too much bad stuff to still be alive. But you manage it somehow."

"The prophecy did say 'will reach 16 against all odds.'" Percy mused.

"Even the prophecy had it out for you? Wait 'til I tell Connor!"

Percy stopped laughing, "Wait, where is Connor?"

"He's getting supplies." Travis said mysteriously, "Now, I heard Annabeth wanted to talk to you. Good luck and don't spoil the surprise!"

The prank against the Athena cabin went terrible. They were immediately suspected and found out. But getting chased by angry Athena kids really seems to build friendship.

***

"Come on, Wise Girl. I thought you were smarter than that?" Percy laughed as he stared down at the girl who now stood knee deep in the water.

"Oh, you're gonna regret that, Seaweed Brain!"

Annabeth stood up, dripping wet. Her intense glare made Percy take a few steps back. She lunged at him and managed to tackle him onto the sand.

"You wanna apologize now, or shall I introduce you to my dagger?"

"Oh no!" Percy exclaimed dramatically, his green eyes wide, "Not the dagger! I'll behave, I promise!"

She smirked and let him stand up. "Now, dry me off."

Percy nodded. He moved towards her, holding out his hand. He touched her shoulder.

And then a puddle of water fell on top of her.

"PERCY!" An angry Annabeth screamed as the son of Poseidon ran as fast as he could.

Good days in Camp Half-Blood.

***

"Percy!" Grover Underwood scolded. "You're playing the wrong note! It's an "A" not a "C!"

Percy stared at his best friend, "Grover, aren't pipes a satyr thing?"

"Yes." Grover said, "But as Lord of the Wild I declared you a honorary satyr. Now, play along with me or I will be forced to use my hooves."

Percy shivered. He did not like hooves.

*

Let's just say Percy never quite got the  hang of the pipes.

It might have had something to do with the fact that he was holding it wrong...

*

***

"Percy, how did you manage to make the arrow go behind you?" A very confused Will Solace asked.

Percy shrugged, "I have no idea."