Extra Scene #5 - Fall and survival

Extra Scene #5 - Fall and Survival

Percy really wished that the Fates actually liked him for once.

First, he'd been born a demigod. Then he was kidnapped and forced to work for Kronos. He almost died multiple times. Then, Camp doesn't like him because of his background. He gets sucked into another prophecy, and admits his feelings for his best friend.

Last, and worst of all, his best friend was falling into Tartarus and he was joining her.

The Argo II had descended into the tunnel. They found an alright Annabeth, a huge statue, and no spider.

Nico had just been rescued, and he was recovering. Percy had ran over and hugged Annabeth while Jason and Frank went to secure the statue. All seemed good.

That's when everything went wrong.

Annabeth yelped as she fell. Due to the fact that Percy was hugging her, he also fell.

The friends were facing each other, Annabeth's face reflecting her pain while Percy tried to slow them with his free hand.

"What happened?'' He called to Annabeth. The two demigods were edging closer and closer to the cliff. Percy didn't like that.

"My ankle!" Annabeth replied. "I broke it, but now there's something attached to it and it's pulling me down. I can't get out, but you can. Let me go, Percy."

Percy shook his head. "It's okay. You go down, I'll go with you. We're staying together this time. You're not getting away from me again."

Annabeth nodded, "As long as we're together."

At the last moment, Percy had the brilliant idea of getting his sword. Then, he realized the pen was in his other pocket. He would have to let go of Annabeth.

He gripped her hand tighter.

Annabeth opened her mouth to say something else, but it was at that moment that the two fell over the cliff. Thinking quickly, Percy grabbed a ledge. However, they were about ten feet down.

He heard yelling from above. Nico's terrified face appeared before them.

"Guys!" The son of Hades shouted to the crew. Hazel ran over to her brother, gasping at the sight below them.

"Hold on!" She yelled.

Percy resisted the urge to reply with "What do you think I'm doing!"

Jason and Frank were flying around the large, golden statue, trying to secure it before it fell. Piper was on the ground, instructing them. Leo was nowhere to be seen. There was no hope.

Percy looked down to Annabeth, who nodded. "As long as we're together, right?"

Percy had never loved that girl more. He looked back up to Nico and Hazel.

"Nico!" He called. The son of Hades stared down at him, terrified, "The other side! Lead them there, promise me!" *

Nico noddes mutely. Percy took that as a promise. With one last look above, the son of Poseidon let go of the ledge, and down they fell.

***

*Everything goes the same according to the original House of Hades, up until the point where they fight the empousi and meet Bob. This is an AU where both Percy and Nico worked with Kronos, meaning Bob was never "created."

Percy stared at the group of empousi, waiting for them to attack.

He had unsheathed Current, and given Riptide to Annabeth, who now held the bronze sword. Her dagger had been lost in the fall, leaving her weaponless.