Chapter 10

So yeah, I haven't updates since July. And even though it's November, we're gonna pretend I actually update. Ok? Ok.

The place got even stranger as we walked inside. The statues' eyes seemed to follow our every movement.

After a minute I noticed there were no hoofbeats behind me. I turned around and Blackjack stood near the entrance.

"Coward." I told him.

I don't like this place Boss. He responded. I mentally agreed, neither do I.

"Fine, wait outside. But I have to follow."

He stepped back, now fully outside. I continued through the creepy statues until I finally found a room. It was like a restraunt.

I hid in the corner and watched as Luke, Grover, and a blond girl, Annabeth I think she was called, ate. Luke had sunglasses on for some reason, which I found weird considering it was 8 pm.

Later, his odd dressing made sense.

I watched as they went through the statues. I watched as the lady introduced herself ("Aunty Em"). Luke seemed to get more and more nervous. That's when I knew something was wrong.

Lets just say it was a hard fight to stay away from. I watched as they barely made it out.

***

You'd think that would be the highlight of the trip.

But no.

We're demigods. And though I've only known about this world for a few weeks, I have learned that demigods have the worst luck.

I watched as they met Ares (Luke looked uncomfortable) and went on the quest for him.

Let's just say it was an interesting sight to see Luke and Grover sitting in a small pink boat. I nearly gave away my position by laughing at that point.

Blackjack was a huge help in my mission. He allowed me to fly above and beyond everything, also giving me someone to talk to when things got really bad.

As I sat in the woods, a quarter mile away from their campsite, I reflected what had happened so far.

Apparantly, I was supposed to be a normal demigod. It was supposed to be me on this quest instead of Luke. I wondered what life would've been like then?

I also thought about the gods. Sure, the only one I had seen so far was Ares. But judging off him, I could see why Luke and the others had joined the rebellion. The gods didn't seem like they cared much. Ares ordered them to get his shield, and he didn't seem to care if they died or not.

Somehow, this led to thoughts of my father, Poseidon. I remembered what Luke had said, "earthshaker, stormbringer, father of horses. And he's also not supposed to have kids, so you're a mistake."

I wondered if I had been born for some way to help him. Luke said I was a mistake, but what if he wanted me to do his bidding somehow? What if he was like Ares and I was supposed to go retrieve his lost toys and never get any recognition.

I'd always thought of my father as an amazing man who loved my mother and I. I'd always figured he'd only left because he had to.

A sudden jolt, like and electric shock went through me. My mom. I had never came home from school. Maybe there were missing person reports filed for me. She must be out of her mind with worry.

I told my brain to stop it, or even better, go away.

My brain did not comply.

Rude brain.

I fed Blackjack, made sure he was tied up, and lay against a tree.

If you've learned nothing from this book so far, now you can say you have. Take my advice and don't sleep against random trees in random woods in California.

Yes, they had now made it to California and were about to enter the Underworld. Did I forget to mention that?

I let my mind continue to drift off until I heard a stick crack.

Unsheathing my sword, I stood up.

"Woah there, Perce. No need to stab me."

I rolled my eyes, "Hey Luke."

Luke grinned and sat next to me, handing me a chocolate bar. I didn't ask where he got it, but decided that since he was also eating one, it was safe.

"Ready for the Underworld?" I asked him.

"Hades no." He replied, "Ares almost caught me, luckily he's too stupid to remember."

We shared a laugh over this, "Should we be talking about the gods like this? After all, a aren't they these cool all powerful beings who watch over us all the time?"

Luke finished the chocolate, "Nah, we work for Kronos, remember? He did some cool magical stuff, the gods can't see what we're doing, or it looks like we're doing what we're supposed to. Something like that."

"So you could stand up and cuss out Hermes and he wouldn't hear a word you said?" I asked.

Luke nodded, "Dare me?"

I started to say no, but Luke had already stood up. He began yelling very rude words and insults at the top of his lungs, made a few rude hand gestures, then sat down again.

"See?" He said, "normally I'd be dead, probably struck by lightning thanks to good ol' Zeus, but I'm alive and no one knows that just happened except for you and me."

"If we were to go to Olympus and you did that again, would they see you then?" I also finished my chocolate.

Luke shrugged, "Probably. Dare me?"

"No!" I yelled, a little too loudly, scaring a sleeping bird.

"Ooh maybe that's how I can announce that I'm actually with Kronos! I can see it now.

Heaphestus News

Luke Castallen, Son of Hermes, is with Kronos! How do we know this? Well he went up to Olympus began cussing out the gods (Hermes mostly) then proceeded to yell "See ya, suckers! Have fun losing!" And walked out the door.

I laughed, "Hephaestus News?"

He nodded, "Sure! They've already got Hephaestus TV!"

"You're insane." I muttered, lightly punching him in the shoulder.

Luke grinned, then looked at his watch.

"Styx! It's almost Annie's watch. Night Perce."

I rolled my eyes as he walked away, "Night Luke."

I crawled back into my sleeping bad, making sure my sword was in easy reach before relaxing.

Almost immediately, my mind went blank and I slowly fell alseep.

This is the product of two nights of 10 - 11pm writing after watching Criminal Minds for a few hours. I think it's pretty decent, hope you enjoyed rebellious Luke.

Also, Criminal Minds is great!!!

And my favorite character (yes I have a favorite character) is the one dude called Reed (at least I'm pretty sure) and yeah

I actually like a TV show for once!

I'll stop now.