6: Logan

Hours had passed and Logan was still up. Patton, Roman, and Virgil had fallen asleep, taking up most of Patton's king sized mattress. The whole reason Patton had a king sized bed was for when he had friends over so neither of them would have to sleep on the floor. Although this was the first time Patton had had this many people over at one time. Despite all the friends he tried to make, Roman and Logan were the only people Patton had ever had over before Virgil came around to join them.

  "Logan?" A tired Roman asked, rubbing his eyes as he slowly sat up. He was shocked to see that anyone was still up, Logan could see that much on his face. But for some reason, Logan could just couldn't bring himself to sleep. There was too much going on in his brain, keeping him awake.

  "Roman." Logan just stated his name, telling Roman that he was indeed awake as well. Roman was not just seeing things. "What are you doing up?" Logan asked despite it making more sense for Roman to be asking him that.

  "I really don't know, I just kind of woke up." Roman admitted. "Wait, I know, I have to use the loo." He said before rolling over Logan to get out of bed. As he did so, Logan protested, asking him why he couldn't have crawled over him like a normal person, or even crawled off the end of the bed. Logan knew that going off the other side was not an option, Virgil and Patton were there sleeping, that didn't mean he had to do things the way he did though. But then again, of course he did, he wouldn't be Roman if he didn't.

  As Roman left the room, Logan found himself looking over at the two sleeping forms. It was weird, Virgil being there, yet it was completely natural. Their dark friend had only been a part of their friend group for two weeks now, and Logan actually couldn't picture it differently now. Virgil brought a sense of balance to the group, one that Logan couldn't begin to explain. Well, actually, let's face it, he really could of he wanted to. But over all, Logan was actually glad to have Virgil in the group.

  Roman came back and Logan caught sight of his bare chest. He really wasn't all that surprised, Roman never slept with a shirt on, he said they were too constricting and annoying as he tried to sleep since they always got twisted around and stuff like that. Yes, it was a nice view, so to say, but it wasn't what had caught Logan's attention. It was Roman's necklace that had Logan's attention.

  The charm hanging from the chain, Logan had seen it many times before, but every time he did he couldn't help but stare at it. It seemed like such a weird thing to have as a charm that connected you to your soulmate. Given who him and Roman were and what their personalities were like, to Logan, it made so much sense. Roman's charm was the right brain while Logan's was the left.

  The right brain represented creativity, music, and passion which were all things Roman showed. The left brain was the realistic side that represented logic, numbers and things like that: it was defiantly Logan's side of things. The two of them just leaked their side of the brain, like they didn't use the opposite side of it at all. Which would make sense for them to be soulmates. Your soulmate was supposed to be your other half after all.

  "Like what you see?" Roman asked, a cheeky grin upon his face as he crawled into his spot in between Logan and Virgil. Logan just rolled his eyes in response. He wouldn't admit to Roman that he did indeed, liked what he saw. "So what are you still doing up? You know why I'm awake, but why are you?"

  "I couldn't sleep is all." Logan said as if it was nothing. Which to him, it really was nothing. He had nights like this all the time.

  "Meaning your brain wouldn't shut off long enough for you to fall asleep." Roman concluded and Logan found himself nodding. He couldn't lie to Roman. Roman knew that. He often took advantage of that, especially when it came to homework. "Maybe we can do something to tire it out."