16: Thomas

Thomas hadn't been expecting the reaction he had gotten out of Patton. Sure, he accepted a lot of things, but not a wild weird twisted plot like they had in Disney movies. But then again, Thomas hadn't heard the most of it. He only got the summed up version of everything, the most recent things that had happened. Most of it was the concern Patton, Roman, and Logan had for their friend.

  Now another thing Thomas hadn't been expecting was being told that Patton was on his way with his friends. Yeah, Patton had asked for Thomas's help finding the place, but he hadn't expecting them wanting his help so soon. Didn't they have school? It wasn't the weekend anymore. But if Thomas was being honest, if he was in their shoes, school would be at the back of his mind as well. That's exactly why he had agreed to help.

  "Run this by me one more time, you called someone to let them know their friend is okay and now they're on their way here. And you agreed to help them?" Talyn, one of Thomas's friends asked. They were sitting on Thomas's front steps to his house, waiting for Patton and his friends to arrive. Patton had called a bit ago, letting him know that they were getting close.

Thomas nodded. "Yeah, I'm mean, why not?" Thomas asked. As they talked a car slowly came to a holt on the other side of the street. At first Thomas didn't pay any attention to it, figuring it was just his neighbour. After all, one of his neighbours had the same car.

  "Just be careful, okay? You don't actually know these people. They could be murderers or something." Joan, Thomas's best friend, added.

  "Or clones..." Talyn said, pointing over at the car. Thomas looked over at them then at the people who were now getting out of the car that had just parked. Thomas had to do a double take when his eyes settled on three of the four people getting out of the car.

  "Yeah, or clones." Thomas agreed. His voice a little more high pitched then normal as he tried not to freak out at this. It was so odd, he had never met someone who looked like him before. And now he was suddenly faced with three of them. (He hadn't picked up on Virgil looking like him due to the bangs and 'bags' under his eyes.)

  Despite Thomas's shock, he made his way to his feet and smiled at the new comers. Talyn and Joan both stood as well. Thomas went to open his mouth but before he could speak, one of them - the one in the blue - beat him to it.

  "Hey there kiddo. I'm Patton, the one you called. Then that's Roman, Logan, and my mom Victoria. We all came to hopefully pick up Virgil. It's very nice to meet you guys." Patton was a little jumpy, he almost seemed excited, Thomas noticed.

  "Hey. I'm Thomas, and these are my friends, Talyn and Joan." They both waved as their names were said and Thomas motioned towards them - just like Patton had done. Upon noticing it, Joan and Talyn exchanged a look but said nothing.

  "It's nice to meet you all." Logan said, offering a hand towards them. Thomas instantly stepped forward to shake it. For some reason he felt at ease around these people, despite his anxiety.

  "So you know where Virgil is?" Roman asked, cutting straight to the point. Patton gave him a look, mixed between pleased and disappointed. It was a bit rude but at the same time it was what Patton wanted to know as well. Why, Thomas could read these people so well was beyond him. He wasn't good at reading most people unless it was plainly obvious.

  "Uh, yeah. But you sure you didn't want to come in and have something to eat or something? It looks like it's been a long drive." Thomas said.

  Victoria smiles kindly. "We would love to. Also if you don't mind, could I use your bathroom?"

👓👑👔🌩

So it was a lot later than Thomas and the other's had realized. Not super late, but late. By the time they ate and all that it was nine in the afternoon.

"What's the game plan? We can go now and get there by ten or you can crash here and we'll leave in the morning." Thomas said, letting the other's decide.

They all seemed to share a look. As much as they would like to go now, it was probably best if they got their rest. Especially Victoria for she was the only one of them that was able to drive. Plus, none of them had actually slept in the car. "We'd like to stay here for the night if you don't mind." Logan said.

Short chapter, sorry, I just really wanted to update.

BUT, HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT MAKING FRIENDS?!?!

I'm told I'm a likeable person and yet here I am, a full week into university and without friends. Like I've met people but I've only had one encounter with them. And those I've actually met more than once, it's only been twice but it's more of me trying and them kind of pitying me. I just want a friend to make this easier. I've cried more this week than I have this whole year.

Sorry for that little rant, I just need to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading. And thanks for the support. 💜

Love you all,

~ FandomFreak55555