13: Virgil

Credit for the art goes to someone who goes by RandomSlasher.

  Virgil would have never left the hospital to go back home if he had known what was awaiting him. But at the same time he had no regrets. His thoughts were currently stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he had stayed, then his friends would be in danger, on the other hand, they would worry about him, with no way of contacting him. But when he stopped to think about it, protecting them was defiantly the better option.

  As soon as he had gotten home, the first thing he saw was his mother standing next to a loaded car. He had a sinking feeling that he knew what was happening. They were moving. Again. And this time Virgil had no say in the matter.

  His phone was also confiscated. His mother didn't want him texting anyone for she did not want the word of them moving getting out. She knew somehow it would reach someone that she wouldn't want knowing. Virgil knew her ways, how she got a bit paranoid every time they moved. Except this time it was even more so.

  With a heavy heart he checked his room one last time for anything that his mother might not have grabbed for him. But there was nothing worth grabbing. All of it had already been packed.

  This was the other reasons why Virgil hadn't wanted to make friends. He hadn't wanted to get attached only to have to leave once again. But he had done just that. Got attached only to go away again. For the first time in Virgil's life, moving hurt him more than he would like to admit.

  He left the house, staring at it once he was seated in the car. Every other time they moved, was it because something like this had happened? Had his mother hurt people and left before she had to deal with the consequences? Virgil could feel the trust for his mother cracking, crumbling beneath his feet.

  From now on he'd have to be extremely careful. Keep an eye on her to see if she did something else like this. Virgil hated to admit it, but he had a good reason to be weary of his own mother. Something that kids shouldn't have to worry about when it came to their parents.

  Virgil didn't know how long they were in the car. All he knew was that he had fallen asleep and when he woke up again, it was dark outside. He didn't recognize anything, meaning they were somewhere Virgil had never been before. But where?

  As much as he wanted to ask, he refrained from doing so. He has learned the hard way that he shouldn't do so. His mother got really angry at him when he did so. So instead he decided to look out the window, looking for any signs of where they might be.

  Except there were no signs. He could see nothing but the trees that fenced the road. As far as Virgil knew, they were in the middle of no where. And he wasn't wrong. They were far from any city, and in what some city kids would consider the middle of no where.

  "We're almost there. No need to worry." His mother said, a small smile on her face. These moment, as they moved away from where ever they had been living, were the few odd times Virgil ever saw his mother smile a genuine smile. This time he was weary about it.

  Soon enough, the car slowed and they turned off the road, going up a gravel driveway. Squinting, trying to see between the trees and into the dark night, Virgil could just make out what looked to be a cabin of some sort. Although as they got closer, Virgil realized that it was not one of those cabins that had like three rooms if you were lucky. No this was a wide, two story building, with the typical cabin look.

  His mother parked the car and climbed out. She motioned for Virgil to do the same, but he did not move. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. The chances were small and unlikely, but this seemed like the kind of thing you would find in horror movies. There would be no cell service and their car would surly be out of gas at this point. There would be no one but the owners here, who were surely to either be murderers or would mysteriously disappear.

  "Virgil, let's go." His mother said, a little more force in her voice now. Virgil's heart sunk and he stepped out of the car.

   Sorry both of these are so short. Hopefully the fact that it's a double update for once makes up for that.

Also shout out to kittincake, IloveDarkJack, LoganIsRelatable, Musical_Loving_Trash, Weewooweaboo, SingingCupid123, and D313t371. If you guys don't mind I put your comments on my about for this story.

I only wish I could have put everyone's comments on there, sadly I'm not allowed that many characters in the description. :(

But again, I just want to say thanks to all of you for the comments. I can't tell you enough how much every comment means to me. I love you all.

     ~FandomFreak55555