15: Patton

"Virgil wants you to know that he's okay." The words echoed in Patton's mind. He couldn't believe he had some random person call him and tell him that Virgil was okay. But he was over joyed with the fact.

  Patton was actually currently on the phone with the stranger. Thomas, which was the name of the caller, had begun to explain the situation. Patton was beginning to relax slightly, hope filling his body once again. They had a lead. And this lead knew where Virgil was staying!

  Once the whole thing was explained and the call ended Patton instantly messaged Logan and Roman, telling them they needed to pack their stuff and get to his house ASAP. He did not waste time explaining, he could do that once they were in the car.

  Patton ran down the stairs so fast he almost tripped on his own two feet. "Mom!" He called, hoping she was home. Which luckily she was, for she had been staying home so she could keep an eye on Patton, who hadn't been doing so well since Virgil had disappeared.

  "Yes honey?" Victoria asked, concern filling her voice.

  "Can you drive Logan, Roman, and I somewhere? It's Virgil, we finally know where he is."

  At the mention of Virgil, Victoria was up on her feet in seconds. She didn't even need to know the rest. Before Patton knew it, she was already grabbing her car keys and getting on her shoes. She looked at Patton who just stood there for a moment, watching his mom collecting her belongings. "What are you waiting for? Get your butt moving."

  Patton's mind didn't even go to any possible dad jokes that he could have made. No, his mind was focused on getting to Virgil. So he ran back up the stairs to collect his things. Which didn't take very long.

  It didn't take long for Roman and Logan to get there. Both of them arrived at the same time so Patton guessed they were both together when he texted them. But he didn't dig too far into it. He just hurried to the car with the others following close behind.

  "So, could you tell us what's going on exactly? What's all the rush about?" Logan asked, he was the first one to speak once they were on the road.

  "I found Virgil." Patton said, a giant smile on his face. "Well, more like he found me in a really weird way."

  "Wait what? How?" Roman was instantly leaning forward in his seat. He wanted to hear this. He wanted to know what had happened. What he had missed.

  "I got a call from someone who saw Virgil today, his name is Thomas. He met Virgil on the weekend where him and his parent were staying. Virgil was staying there as well. When Thomas left though Virgil gave him my number and asked him to let me know he's okay. But then when I explained the situation Thomas said that he's willing to help us out! Isn't that great?!" Patton couldn't contain his excitement. He was basically bouncing in his seat.

  "It's great if he's still there when we get there." Logan said. He hated to be the one to bring down everyone's mood with the possible outcome but he had to be realistic. There was a chance that Virgil wouldn't be there when the arrived.

"Yeah well, we'll find him whether he's there or not." Roman said, and Patton knew that he was hoping this was like a Disney movie, just like he had said before. In Disney movies the good guys usually always won, and they were the good guys, right? "We have to find Brad Pitiful before I become the one who's Panic! At the Everywhere."

  Patton reached out to touch his shoulder before squeezing it slightly. "We'll find him. Don't worry."

Sorry it's so short. It's more of a filler chapter tbh.

But like I'm at university! Classes haven't started yet but I'm hella anxious. I've only met three people that aren't my roommate and it's my second day. My roommate tells met she met like ten yesterday. Rip at me and my social anxiety.

But for those of you who are going back to school and all that, or are currently in school, I hope all goes well for you.

Also, is it just me or did my picture on the last chapter, there's like seven things of the same picture? I promise you I only uploaded it once.

Alright, that's all I really have to say. Love you all,

     ~FandomFreak55555