14: Thomas

My art at the top.
And yes, don't be fooled, Thomas is making an appearance.
Hope you enjoy. :)

Thomas watched the trees sped by, as the car moved down the road. He loved car rides, being able to stare out the window and just let his mind go blank for a little bit. For about an hour he was able to forget about his worries and just relax as his parents drove. Sometimes he found himself wishing that the drive was just a little bit longer though, for it was sometimes nice to forget.

Like today. He had had a pretty stressful week so it was about time he had some time to relax. He was grateful for the long weekend, he thought it was quite well deserved.

He knew exactly where they were going as well. His parents and him went there almost about every long weekend. A little hotel they had in the woods. It seemed like an odd place to go, but it was a nice break from the city life. Plus, his parents had met there, it was nice for them to revisit and have their time to reminisce in the memories.

As they pulled in up to the building though, the site caught Thomas a bit off guard. A car was actually there in the parking lot already. Most of the time there was no one else there but them. But as much as the idea of someone else being there shocked him, it also caused his interest and curiosity to grow. Who was it that was here?

He allowed his parents to park the car and then followed them into the building. He stood in the entry hall, looking around as his parents got the room and the key that went along with it. The building wasn't much to look at, not even on the inside. The only thing was the old floral patterned couches in the corner along with a couple of pictures on the wall. The pictures held a little more character though, for they were all pictures of people who had met in this place and went on to get married. It was a lot more people than one would expect, and Thomas's parents were on the wall.

He stared at the picture of his parents. They looked so young and clearly in love. Thomas knew that the picture had been taken before he came along, although not that much before. Only about a years time.

"Alright, So we're in room four this time. Room one is already occupied." Thomas's dad spoke, putting a hand on Thomas's shoulder. Thomas hadn't even realized he cane over until he spoke. The way he jumped slightly caused his dad to laugh.

Thomas smiled sheepishly at his dad before he went to unpack the car. He asked no questions as to why they were in room four rather than room two when only one room was occupied. He already knew. Rooms two and three were single rooms, one and four were both double rooms. They always got a double room when they came, there was no reason to rent out single rooms.

It was quick work, unpacking the car. Thomas did most of it, but he didn't complain. His parents had packed most of the car after all. Plus, Thomas was always willing to give a helping hand when needed. He wasn't a Hufflepuff for no reason after all.

But as he moved back and forth between the car and the room they were staying in, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him.

Sure enough though, someone was. Thomas was sure it was one of the other occupants. She was an older woman, about the same age as his mom. But geez, she was creeping him out. Did she really have to stand on the little walkway on the second floor and watch him put their stuff in their room? His parents didn't even seem to notice her.

Once they finished Thomas's parents dismissed him, saying he was free to do whatever he wanted. As soon as he heard the words he was out of the building. He didn't want to be anywhere near the woman who had been watching him. It made his insides squirm and his skin crawl. What was so off about the woman though? besides the fact that she had watched Thomas unpack. Thomas had never had this type of reaction to a person before.