so far (it's alright)

-olivia's p.o.v-

it was 4pm when i got back, the apartment was hushed so i assumed everyone was out at lectures. i dropped my bag to the floor and immediately walked to the bathroom, turning the shower on for it to heat up.

i looked in the cabinet mirror and felt my face. bruises on my cheekbone were prickling up and it was so sore from where ryan had hit me. i undressed out of my bland clothes before stepping into the shower, letting the scolding water hit my back.

i looked down at myself, blue marks decorated my thighs and dotted along my ribs. i was hurting so badly.

after standing lifelessly in the shower for some time, i washed my hair, my body and shaved. i turned the shower off and rinsed my hair before reaching for a towel and wrapping it around myself. i picked up my clothes from the floor and made my way into my bedroom.

lauren must've tidied my room whilst i'd been gone because the papers on my desk were in a neat pile and my bed was made. i fell onto my bed which was nestled in the corner of my room and picked up my phone to message lauren.

4:42pm
thank you for cleaning my room, i'm home now x x x

my phone buzzed as i pressed send, it was from an unknown number.

4:42pm
unknown: hey it's matty. george just gave me your number but i just wanted to make sure you got home alright? x

4:43pm
hi, yeah thank you i'm home now x

i put my phone down on my bedside table before sitting up and remembering that my ribs were still sensitive.
"fuck" i mumbled to myself as i went over to my wardrobe and pulled out some shorts and a shirt to sleep in. i undid my towel and pulled the clothes on.

exhausted, i walked back to my bed but heard the front door open. i froze. what if ryan had gotten drunk and came back? but i relaxed as i heard luke's familiar voice muttering something.

"luke?" i walked out of my room, and in to the kitchen where luke was standing with a girl that i didn't recognise.
"hey!" he unraveled his arm from the girl's waist and walked over to me, hugging me.
"ahh" i gasped as he squeezed me, causing pain. shit. "i haven't seen you in ages" i smiled a sickly fake smile, which was greeted with a confused and concerned boy.

"what the fuck liv?" luke only called me liv when he thought i was upset. his hand made itself to my cheek where he lightly pressed down on my bruised skin and i flinched away from his fingers.

his face dropped completely. he looked so devastated for me, he knew it was ryan. but i didn't want pity.
"what happened?" he muttered, almost to himself. but my eyes shifted behind him to the confused, rather pretty girl standing by the door.

"hi!" i moved closer into the kitchen and luke got the idea that this conversation had to wait.
"oh, this is lola" luke walked back over to her.
he was always bringing new girls home and making a lot of noise with them in his bedroom- which was unfortunately next to mine. lola smiled at me, she had straightened blonde hair that went past her shoulders and she was wearing a low cut top and jeans.

"hey, are you liv?"
"yeah, but you can just call me olivia" i smiled back at her and walked over to the kettle,
"do you guys want a drink?" i filled the kettle with water and turned to them. luke had his arm around lola, muttering something in her ear which was making her cheeks flush. i quickly turned back around as luke answered for the both of them,
"we're alright ta, liv" he picked up their bags that they'd left on the kitchen table,
"i think we'll just go chill in my room for a bit"

i hummed an 'okay' to them as they walked out, lola giggling like a school girl. i heard my phone ringing from my bedroom and briskly walked out of the kitchen.

george
calling

i swiped when i saw george's name and pressed the phone to my ear.
"hello?"
"hey, olivia. are you alright?"
i sat down on my bed, realising it wasn't an urgent call.
"yeah, thanks. you?"
"i'm okay now that that bitch of a headache is gone" he groaned and i imagined him rubbing at his eyes,
"i'm so sorry about last night, i shouldn't have got that drunk and i shouldn't have tried it on with you when you were like that" i blushed as i remembered everything matty had told me about last night,
"honestly it's fine. it's more my fault than yours!" i quietened my voice as i could here questionable mumbles from the other side of my wall.
"matty said that your boyfriend came to pick you up?" george questioned it before carrying on, "i was a bit bummed to be honest, thought i could try it on when we were semi-sober" we both laughed at his comment and i questioned how genuine it was.
"oh i'm sorry! i'm such an idiot" i heard the front door open again and lauren coughing from the kitchen.
"could i text you? my friend just got home"
"sure, we'd love for you to come round again some time though" i agreed and said goodbye. then waited for him to end the call before getting up to walk to the kitchen.

lauren was setting all her folders down onto the table and callum was hanging his coat up.
"hi" callum and lauren looked up at me and smiled,
"hey!" they said in unison but i saw as their eyes fixed onto my cheek and their smiles dropped. i instantly regretted not pretending to be asleep to avoid this.

"oh, olivia" lauren dropped the rest of her stuff on the table and walked over to me, cupping my face in her hands before hugging me softly.

=

after explaining everything to callum and lauren, i was crying again.
"liv, i just-  callum stopped himself in frustration and anger, "he's fucking evil, please leave him" he reached across the table, holding my hands in his.

"it's harder than that, i'm scared" i looked back into my lap, letting tears falling down my cheeks.
"well you shouldn't be, olivia." lauren had always been helpful and optimistic, "we're gonna help you through all of this"

=================================

hELLO okay so i know there wasn't too much going on in this chapter so i guess it's just a filler but hope you liked it anyway