heart out

-olivia's p.o.v-

when we went back inside, george and lauren were in the lounge, on the same sofa that matty had found me and george in a drunken mess a few days ago.
"where did you two get off to?" george wiggled his eyebrows and laughed, along with lauren.
"just went out for a fag mate" matty sat down on another sofa next to me, "i don't move that fast" he laughed as he turned the tv on.

george and lauren were beginning to get a bit touchy-feely as me and matty watched a chick flick that he'd let me choose. after a while, my eyes were growing heavy and i didn't realise i was resting my head on matty's shoulder.

when i woke up, my head was on matty's lap. we were still on the sofa and i shifted to look up at matty and he looked at me, smiling.
"oh god i'm sorry" i sat up from his lap, rubbing my eyes, "how long was i asleep for?"
"only about half an hour" he looked down at himself, "it looks like you left half your makeup on my joggers though" i bit my lip and laughed, his black joggers were covered in patches of powder.
"oh no, i'm sorry" i covered my face with my hands, i was so embarrassed, but he softly pulled my hands from my face.
"i don't mind, babe" he laughed, showing his slightly crooked teeth, but his hands slipped from mine and he traced my cheekbone.

he looked a bit confused, "been in a fight, love?"
"oh god" i groaned, moving away from him slightly, realising i was going to have to explain this whole story again.

george and lauren had left to george's room a while ago so i explained bits a pieces of the story to matty. he had turned the tv off and was listening completely.
"but i'm fine honestly" i finished talking about ryan and managed to swallow the hard lump that was rising in my throat.
he suddenly wrapped his arms around me, holding me for a while.

"i'm sorry this happened to you, olivia" he unwrapped his strong arms from around me and i wished he'd just hold me all night. "but this isn't okay. i can try to help you and so will lauren and your other friends" he smiled at me for a while.

"thank you matty" i almost whispered, he was still only wearing his joggers and his bare chest was on show.
"do you like pizza?" he quickly changed the subject, seeing i wasn't feeling too great.
"who doesn't?" he took hold of my hand gently, standing up.
"let's go see what g and lauren are doing and then we'll get pizza"

we went out of the lounge and down the hall, now outside of george's room. matty was still holding my hand and we stopped to listen for anything we didn't want to see.
"i think it's clear" matty whispered, laughing, before knocking on the door with his free hand and swinging it open.

lauren and george were lying on george's bed, just looking at each other.
"where did you two get off to?" matty mimicked george from earlier, laughing.
"we're just talking" george laughed and threw a pillow at matty, "by the looks of your joggers, you've been going at it"

lauren opened her mouth is shock, realising what george was talking about.
"olivia!" she was laughing now as matty rubbed my back a little which comforted me slightly.
"she was only sleeping you dickhead- do you guys want to get pizza?"

lauren and george got up from the bed and walked out in front of me and matty.
"we'll order it, matty" george called as they walked down the hall.
"okay then" matty mumbled, looking down at me again.

matty hesitated for a moment,
"has he messaged you since..." matty trailed off, looking kind of angry.
"no, he hasn't texted or called" my head fell, i was still so scared. he could come at any minute, he knew where i could be.
"you can stay here" matty's finger lifted my jaw so i was looking at him, "if you want, the doors are locked and me and george are staying in... he probably wants lauren to stay too. but you don't have to, if you don't want i mean you probably just wa-"
"please" i held onto his hands, stopping his rambling, "i'd rather stay"