jump.start.souxie.

**sensitive content

-olivia's p.o.v-

it had been almost two months since matty had told me about mia and how nice she was- she seemed to be giggling in the background every time i called matty. sat at my desk, i scribbled over the notes i'd been trying to write for the past hour but all i seemed to have on my mind was matty and mia. i sighed, standing up from my desk and flicking my pencil onto the papers as i walked out of my room to the kitchen.

luke was standing by the stove, cooking pasta for callum and lola who were sitting at the table rather awkwardly.
"you guys okay?" i slid onto the chair opposite callum, crossing my legs casually as i picked some grapes from the fruit bowl. callum looked up from his phone, quickly locking it as he set it down and he smiled weakly at me.
"i'm good" he nodded slowly as luke started putting some food on plates. "how're you? you just seem to be studying" callum pushed his dark hair back, listening for what i had to say.

"i'm okay, final exams next month though" i sighed as callum stretched, leaning back in his seat. "and i miss matty"
i heard luke sigh as he turned around with plates of food for callum, lola and himself.
"how many times have you said you miss the boy since he left?" luke chuckled as he sat down at the table with us. "why don't you just have phone sex?"

he always seemed to make everyone laugh even if callum seemed depressed and lola was silent. i laid my head on the table, sleepiness consuming me.
"do you want some, liv?" callum stood up, going to the pot of pasta.
"no" i said rather quickly. "n-nah thanks, i'm not hungry" he gave a quick nod before sitting down next to lola, rubbing her thigh. she didn't seem to talk much around me and callum, probably nervous.

"you two official yet?" i propped my head up on my fists, looking at luke and lola as lola's cheeks flushed a light pink, shaking her head. luke gave her a reassuring smile as he continued to run his hand up and down her thigh. i looked to callum who had gone back to his moody expression and raised my eyebrows at him, making him smile. i breathed heavily, slumping down on the table again.
"i'm fucking knackered" i mumbled and callum flicked my head.
"go to bed then, dumbo." i looked up at him and he forced a smile but i couldn't help but notice how drained he looked, his eyes glazed over.

"okay" i pulled my mouth into a smile, standing up as callum put his plate in the dishwasher. "night guys- please don't keep me up tonight" i giggled at luke and lola, luke flipping me the bird.
"we won't, we're staying at lola's tonight anyway" i nodded, walking out of the kitchen.

two hours later, i was still in bed with my phone pressed to my cheek- it was probably making a mark by now.
"how're things in your apartment, princess?" matty's voice was gruff as it was so late and i felt the heat in my cheeks at the pet name.
"hmm, they're okay but callum seems so down since he came home from that fight" i spoke quietly as to not wake callum, lola and luke had left a while ago.
"i remember that night" matty paused for a moment, thinking. "i thought it was ryan. they never got along because callum knew how much of a fucking vile cowardly piece of absolute worthless shit he was"

i giggled at matty's description of ryan, hearing the frustration in his voice.
"why would they get in a fight though?" i thought hard, pulling my sheets up under my chin, listening to matty's breathing.
"i really don't know why but you should speak to cal tomorrow" i hummed in response, thinking over the possible situations that callum was in.

"what's the matter, baby girl?" matty cooed after a while of me staying silent and i practically melted.
"well my friends are sad and i miss you so much. it's so frustrating talking on the phone because i can't touch you or hug you or kiss you. i cant fiddle with your shirt or your hands, i can't look at you when you're talking and i can't see you smile or laugh."

but mia can do all that.

i huffed, wiping my watery eyes.
"fuck, baby" matty whined and i moved the phone to my other ear. "i miss you so much more, you don't understand. but we can facetime instead and you'll be flying over to wherever we are soon"
i smiled at his reassurance, hugging my pillow.
"i love you" i sniffed, my eyes closing.
"i love you" he coughed because his voice was so croaky. "get some sleep gorgeous, you need it" he said it softly, almost sending me to sleep.

"goodnight, matty"
"goodnight, liv"

=

the sound of the door knocking repeatedly at god knows what time pulled me from my sleep and i peeled my eyes open. grumbling, i pulled the covers back and reached for my dressing gown, wrapping it around me before heading to the kitchen.

i sleepily pulled the door open, praying that matty would somehow stand outside but in his place stood ryan and a wave of fear went through me as i tried to push the door shut again.
"i wanted to say i'm sorry, olivia" he pushed the door open, stepping inside without permission and shutting the door behind him.
"what do you want?" i pulled my dressing gown around me tightly, stepping backwards into the table.
"to apologise. sorry i know i drink sometimes but i also know you really wanted it." he smiled and i felt painfully sick, not knowing what to do.

"please leave" i tried to hide my fear but i was sure my eyes were wide and worried.
"hey, it's my birthday. don't be mean" i'd completely forgot about his birthday and i wanted to forget about him. some hair fell in front of my eyes and i quickly pushed it behind my ears as ryan walked towards me.
"i've missed your fit little body" his hands went to my dressing gown as he started to tug and i grabbed his wrists.
"get off of me. we are done. what don't you understand?" my eyes were pricking with tears as he persisted with yanking as my dressing gown.

"it's my birthday, don't be an asshole" his brows furrowed and i knew he'd snapped as he pulled harder and it fell to the ground as i tried to escape his grasp.
"i like your underwear" his face approached mine as he laughed, pushing me against the wall. he kissed at my neck as his hands crawled over my body.

"stop! get off ryan!" a few tears spilled from my eyes as i tried to push him off of me but it was no use, his hands were everywhere i didn't want them to be.
"please" i begged, my head tilted back and i clenched my eyes shut but he wasn't listening. i kept scrambling and struggling to push him off, ryan keeping me pushed against the cold wall.

i screamed for callum finally, forgetting that he was even in the apartment and ryan pushed his hand over my mouth.
"what the fuck a-" callum ran in, hearing the noise and pulled ryan off of my with strength as i fell to the ground, scrambling as i pulled my dressing gown over me.
my head dipped onto the soft fabric, all my tears spilling as ryan and callum punched and pushed.

"get out" callum pulled the door open, pushing ryan out and the door closed behind them. i heard swearing and shouting before callum came back in, a bloodied lip and nose as he locked the door again. i pulled my dressing gown on and quickly went to the freezer to get an ice pack.

i'd never seen callum cry before but he was sobbing, sitting against the door with his head in his hands as i held the ice pack to his mouth.
"what's happening?" my voice cracked as i pulled him into a half hug, closing my eyes as i sat on the cold tiled floor with him.
"i need to fucking tell you, liv" he wiped at his eyes and leaned his head back against the door, his adam's apple protruding. "it's been eating up at me for months, maybe even longer but it's been so shit recently i just keep everything to myself"

i looked at him, scared for what he might tell me, scared for why he's been so down.
"what?" i half whispered and he pulled at his face in frustration, shaking his leg rapidly. "you can tell me, i promise. i love you callum. remember that."

he looked away from me, more tears escaping his eyes as he swallowed.
"i-

===============================

oops cliffhanger soz xxx