Chapter 2

3 Months Ago.

Kate strutted into her brother's office knowing full well what he wanted with her. Ever since their parents died when Kate was 12 she was being trained by her brother's men in order to be a trained assassin. Her brother, Matthew is 8 years older than her. He took the death of their parents particularly hard never telling Kate why. Their parents died by a house fire the fire fighters ruled it out as an accident, but Matt never thought that was the case. No matter how many times his sister would ask him why he didn't believe the ruling he wouldn't tell her.

Something in him turned cold, ruthless and unforgiving after that. He gave Kate the odd beating if he felt she needed it to 'toughen' her up. He never showed regret after doing so, Kate knew never to let her guard down to him after that day. However, that did push her to try profusely in her Krav Maga lessons. If her brother ever laid a finger on her again, it wouldn't leave in it's fine condition.

She opened the door to her brother's office the smell of his aftershave instantly invading her nostrils. She walked over to the chair opposite his desk and sat down with her expression callous.

"You wanted to see me?" Kate was always straight to the issue when it came to her brother. She hated revelling in his company, he would do nothing but insult her if they were trapped in the same space for too long.

Matt turned around and gave her a sceptical laugh as if he found the statement childish. Kate didn't reply knowing her brother would tell her why she was here because he too hated her company. He pulled out one of his drawers revealing a brown folder, a passport and an envelope.

Kate's eyes widened a fraction seeing the passport; which startled her. She was the local trained assassin. She had never been out of the state before for a client because there were too many risks involved. Obviously, this client was either well in power or they were offering Matt a double payment. He threw the items in front of Kate. He gripped his desk pulling his chair in to engage properly with his sister.

"You're going to South Wales. That's where the hit lives. I wouldn't have taken this request, but Fargo offered me a double payment which means more money for you too. You have everything you need, when you get off the plane. Phone the number in the envelope and he will supply your armoury. You have two weeks. Any questions?" Kate's attention was in the brown folder, reading over the brief. Her hit was a typical rich woman who inherited her parent's business; a security agency when she turned 18 which was 10 years ago. Kate caught on to the age gap between the pair and the gender. Kate was only 24 years old, everyone she ever had a hit on was a male. The brief didn't state why she had a hit out on her.

Kate shook her head. Making direct eye contact with her brother. She seemed intimidating when she didn't speak with her mouth but with her piercing grey eyes. She had all she needed to carry out the job. She collected the folder, passport and envelope. Pushing off her chair she turned on her heel. Strutting out of the office not saying two words to her brother who didn't mind it the least.