Chapter 9

With luck I approached a beer garden. "The boat hitches." I googled taxi numbers from my location and I made my way back to the hotel. What was I thinking? I wasn't. She's a hit, I can't attach myself emotionally to someone I have to kill. I need to carry out the mission at hand.

Two days went by without a hitch, my time has been spent pondering the possibilities of trying to take down a high-profile woman like Deja Hannagan. My monster of a stomach growled angrily at the lack of food, prompting me to feed myself. I got to 'Nando's' to pick up my order, not paying attention to my busy surroundings I walked straight into the woman I spent my time avoiding; Deja. "I am so sorry, I'll pay to get it dry cleaned." I started, staring at her now see through shirt. Letting out an amused chuckle, she looked up. Her mouth moved up and down, my eye brows knitted together until she spoke. "It's fine, honestly. Don't worry. Listen, Kira- "I shook my head "That kiss never should have happened. I got caught up in the moment." Taken aback, she composed herself. A flicker of pain touched her beautifully sculpted features contracting a sharp pain in my chest. "Kira, please. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable. Let me take you out and make it up to you?" An internal war between my heart and head broke out. My eyes wondered up to those blue coloured one's and my heart warmed. "Ok." I sighed. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. What am I getting myself into?

Deja took us bowling which I won due to my training. "Are you hungry?" she asked. I nodded my head eagerly after working up an appetite. Walking to a restaurant we seated, and I looked around. A waiter came and took our drinks order promising to come back. A figure walking out of the toilets caught my attention. "Shit." I muttered. Ducking my head behind a menu I scanned where the familiar figure was. He was walking straight towards Deja and I. My mind faltering under pressure. I picked up my bag. "Deja, we need to go. Hurry." She didn't question my decision, instead picking up her bag, putting £10 onto the table and hurrying away. Looking over my shoulder, he was walking behind us. A flurry of people rushed beside us. I took Deja's hand in mine to guide her into the crowd. Our heads kept down. "Kira, what's going on?" Ignoring her questions, I peered over my shoulder letting out a sigh of relief. We exited the crowd and walked out of the city's center. "Kira, seriously. What the hell is going on?!" my grip around her arm loosened. I turned around to face the confused being next to me. "There was someone following me. He's from back home. My brother sent him because...because he doesn't like the fact that I'm a lesbian and I could meet a girl out here." Deja nodded her head. "You Yank's are batshit crazy, you know that?" I snorted at her comment. "Well, at least we Yank's don't fuck sheep." She huffed and punched my arm. "I've never met a welsh person who's shagged a sheep! C'mon were going back to my place and ordering a Yummies' since you have a psycho brother." Knowing I had no say in the matter I followed her to her car.

Wine in hand the both of us sprawled out on the sofa with bloated stomachs. "I am so full." She complained, I chuckled in agreement. "So, your brother doesn't like that your gay? Do your parents mind?" I sipped my wine wondering if I should lie or not, but my feelings for this woman compelled me to tell the truth. "No, he doesn't, my parents are dead. They were killed by a gang of arsonists." Deja's eyes flickered with an unknown emotion. "Oh, sorry. I guess were in the same boat. My parents died in a car crash." I nodded in understanding. "This conversation took a turn for the worst." I laughed guzzling down the last of my wine. Deja positioned herself next to me. She took the wine glass out of my hand but held my hand's still. Her eyes bared into mine, her gaze was so intense I feared that she could see straight through my façade. Then again, her lips met mine, wine tainted. The mixture of cigarettes and wine, the kiss was soft until our hands started to wonder. The raven hairedwoman bit my lip, a wave of electricity escaped my stomach down to my core. Pulling her into me my hands wondered to the small of her back, lightly scratching. A light moan escaped her lips and vibrated against mine. Laying me down on the sofa's arm, her body on top of mine, her body heat warming up every part of me. Her wondering hands made there way onto my shirt eliciting a surprised moan, her fingers rubbed through the fabric. My fingers making their way down her back, dragging my nails across the soft skin as they strode. Her body grinding against the soft spot in between my legs. I bent my knee up to press it against hers, her surprise evident; "Oh." Her kisses grew hungry, as did mine. My hands eagerly found the buttons to her jeans, pulling them off we resumed positions. I sat up as my fingers found her soft spot, hers made their way down to mine; I silently praised myself for not wearing jeans today. She found my hot spot and gasped. "Oh my god, you're so wet." Moaning in delight. Her touch causing my body involuntary to tremble. "I've never felt this way before." I moaned, internally slapping myself for slipping up. Deja's fingers fastened on my soft spot as mine did on hers. Our moans in sync, our body's in rhythm, sweat starting to line our foreheads. "Look at me." She breathed. My eyes snapped open staring into her orbs, her pace picked up faster sending me over the edge, my body trembling, fastening up my pace, her body tensed. Never breaking eye contact our bodies shook, trembled and panted. After we'de both reached our climax's, our eyes locking onto each other, hands limp, body's limp, palpitations, as if I was looking into the depths of the being in front of me, finally breaking eye contact I looked at my hands. My life flashed before my eyes, the folder with her name on, Matthew's face, the cloud swept across my mind. I'm stuck, I've never been stuck.