Chapter 7

After many more cocktails, fruity tasting shots and hours of dancing my newly met companion decided she wanted food and then to sleep off her intoxication. We headed to the nearest fast food store; "Keli's Kitchen" the smell of fried chips and southern fried chicken ambushed my nostrils triggering my appetite. "Would you like anything?" two sets of eyes peered into me as the cat caught my tongue. "Meal 5, please." I managed to dredge out in my succumbed state. I insisted on paying for the food because the brunette paid for many of my drinks. We exited the store, our polystyrene box's and plastic forks in hand. "Would you like to come back to mine?" Tara's warm breath hit my neck, unleashing a chill to creep up my spine. I stopped dead in my tracks whilst the other woman carried on walking, animalistically chomping down on her food.

Kate, she is your hit. You can not form bonds with her. However, an open invitation might be the only way I can carry the mission out. "Kate?" Deja stood beside me, shaking my body frantically. I cocked my head and let a flurry of laughter escape my lungs. A flash of confusion hit the woman's face, but she joined in with the spontaneous act nevertheless.

Deja didn't live too far away from the bar, four blocks away to be exact. The walk was filled with the sound of animal noises coming from the both of us. Deja stopped outside of a small house, fumbling around in her trousers for her keys. My jaw dropped slowly, returning to normal when she turned around and smiled shyly. I smiled weakly back as we stepped into the quaint house. Walking in the interior took me by surprise, the living room was small, the colour scheme; Dark grey, with a colourful abstract wallpaper which clashed majorly. Tara walked over the fridge and pulled out two bottles of Budweiser.

We sat on the sofa making small talk for hours, the clock read 4am. "Do you have work in the morning?" I asked, prying my hit for information. The ebony haired smiled. "Nope, I work when I want to." She studied me trying to find any indications, but she found nothing. "I see, what do you do?" I smiled, acting dumbfounded. "I'm an SIA agent. Mostly door work. I haven't got my close protection badge yet." I nodded absentmindedly, she's lying.

Sipping on beer's and watching the morning news, looking over my shoulder I saw the sleeping figure next to me. Reaching for my gun holster I stood up and stood behind her. The way her body was angled I could see her peaceful expression, gun in hand, I clicked the safety off. Aiming for the back of her head. My finger started shaking on the trigger vicariously. Shit.

I blew air from my mouth, contemplating the risks of carrying out a hit whilst intoxicated. There would be crucial evidence left in the apartment, I wouldn't have the energy nor strength to move her lifeless body and driving; if I was randomly breath tested, I doubt I'd pass. "Fuck." I cursed, hiding my gun back into its holster.