Chapter 5

Waking up at the crack of dawn Kate, on cue her brothers contact text her off an unknown number notifying her of her armoury which she needed to pick up within two hours. Getting dressed into black skinny jeans, a black t shirt and a white boyfriend cardigan her ensemble was not complete without her brown steel toed boots. Applying a layer of foundation and mascara she was ready to escape the confines of her room.

Pulling into a rundown warehouse where a black bulletproof Ford CIT was parked directly opposite her. A well-toned body with a handsome face consisting of brown eyes and blonde hair peered through the tinted windows shutting the door behind him. "Matts sister?" his voice was thick with the welsh valley's accent. Kates professional face made its appearance. Her steely stare and her hardened features were enough to even intimidate her brother. She nodded weakly not giving the stranger any sign of weakness. "How do you like these, babies?" she asked, full confidence. Kate noticed how much pride this stranger had in his work. Kate creeped closer towards the back of the van. Her eyes widened a fraction and a smirk spread across her lips whilst viewing the ensemble; A Blazer R93 Tactical, Beretta 92, Tar 21, A set of 3 throwing knives, two Kunai's, Three meters of Tarpaulin, A vial of Cyanide and a case of ammunition. A familiar warmth spread through the blonde's chest ending at the it of her stomach, new 'toys' would always excite her because she knew the extent of their damage. "They all for me?" her voice slightly excited but not enough for the stranger to catch on. Nodding his head with a trusting smile, his eyes locked with Kates. Kate knew the look she was under; Lust. She cleared her throat and picked up the Beretta, in two seconds the cartridge was open to reveal an empty mag. Encamping it together, laying it back down on the mat. "Have you been paid for your services?" the blonde male nodded his head eagerly feeling slightly intimidated by the assassin. "Alright, I'll load it up and be out of your hair." The dyad both picked up the weapons and loaded them up into Kate's car.

"Whilst you're 'ere, do you wanna go get some food with me and then maybe we can have a cwtch?" he winked, his confidence was as big as his ego. Kate stood there counterfeiting his offer knowing full well she had no intentions on pursuing anything with him. Not because his ego was bigger than his muscles but for the dire fact he was a male. "No thank you, I'm here strictly on business. You know how Matt is." With that the brunette turned on her heel, leaving the nameless stranger utterly speechless with an ego bruise.

Pulling outside the hotel, picking up the artillery in a discreet manner the brunette wandered through the reception nodding slightly to sweet receptionist she encountered last night. Sliding the key card into the door and entering the room she investigated her weapons further. Positioning her gun holster around her waist making sure the outline of the weapon didn't pose a suspicion, pacing back and forth the confines of the temporary four walls she decided that she'd go out and explore Swansea's nightlife. Reaching for the bottle of cyanide inspecting its contents; different concentrations of Cyanide had been used by her before, but this vial contained the pure substance-If as little as three drops reached a person's tongue they'd keel over within 3 minutes. Throwing the potent vial into her bag finishing off her ensemble with a mud brown trench coat the assassin charged for the door. It was time for her to let loose for one night.