Chapter 8

After a thorough search through the small house I came up empty handed, whatever this house was used for it was not work related. Matt wouldn't make a mistake whilst getting his P. I's to target Deja. She's good, very good. Finding a duvet in her bedroom, I placed it over the sleeping being in front of me and I sat on the opposite side of the sofa.

I felt as though I'd been mulled by a rabid bear when a gentle shake of the shoulder awoke me from my light slumber. My eyes opened to the brunette standing in front of me. I glanced at my watch which told me the time was 10am. I figured because I feel as though I have not had a wink of sleep. "C'mon, let's go get some breakfast." Abruptly standing up, I excused myself. "It's non-negotiable, come on." The dark-haired goddess in her glowing state strode past me and to a blue Mini ushering me to get into the passenger's side. Parking up in a supermarket called 'Tesco' I followed my companion towards the busy bustle of people until we stopped outside a Café 'Tally's Tee's'. Deja greeted the waitress and we sat down at a small quaint table next to the window. We ordered coffee's, Deja's attention snapped to me. "Last night is a little hazy, what did you say you worked as?" I looked her dead in the eye; "I'm a photographer. Back in New York is where I'm based but sometimes the company's clients want fresh projects." She nodded her head. A flicker of something I didn't recognize touched her features instantly but went away faster. "I know this is rude, but what did you say your name was?" I chuckled lightly realizing we didn't introduce ourselves. "I'm Kira, Cortana. Sorry, I didn't catch your name either." I blushed. Her smile widened. "Deja, Hannagan." She smiled genuinely, showing off her teeth. I played coy, "Hannagan, isn't that the name of the biggest security agency in the world?" She cocked up an eyebrow. "Yes, it is. I am the president of it." I sat there not batting an eyelid. I've had many days to absorb every fiber of Intel on this woman. "I see. Your very laid back." I observed. She chuckled. "I don't overwork myself, I work as much as I party. I could never be a workaholic, I enjoy seeing things." The waitress brought us our coffees and we placed our food orders. "What are you taking photos of?" the woman opposite me asked. "For this project, Buildings. I got commissioned for a firm in New York to take photos of the Welsh architecture." I retorted, taking a sip of my coffee as I peered into those orbs.

Brushing off the remains of breakfast Deja suggested we go sight seeing to a famous waterfall. Heading to Neath, I saw a sign saying 'Henrhyd Waterfall.' Clambering up the down and up the paths in this weather made the ebony in front of me break out in a sweat. We made small talk as my eyes wondered down her pale-skinned frame. The thing's I would do to her.

"There it is." Deja came to a stop and right in front of me was the waterfall, it was beautiful. Definitely smaller than I was expecting but beautiful. Deja reached for my hand and the contact caused my reflexes to stop it getting into a defensive stance. Her eyes grew smaller, weary. "Sorry, that was unexpected. I practice martial arts when I'm back home. It relaxes me." Internally, I gave myself a round of applause for the improvisation. Her lips broke out into a small smile. "Any other secrets or quirks hiding in you?" chuckling, I looked down. "Yes, many. But you'll have to wait until the time is right to know them." Her smile widened and her eyes glistened. My eye's tore away from her radiance to the waterfall. Blushing, she offered a hand and I took it, walking down the rocky path closer to the fall. Within seconds of playing hopscotch with the rocks, we were under the cave with the water pouring in front of us. The whole forest blurred with the substance. In awe I turned to the beauty who stared at me in amazement, studying my reaction. "I should have brought my camera, this is beautiful." I mumbled. I sat down on a nearby rock as I put my belongings down. My gun still in it's holster.

Marveling in the beauty of my surroundings I didn't feel the presence behind me. A force pushed me into the water below, floating up to the surface I could make out a figure jumping into the water next to me. I turned my head to avoid the splash, I felt for my gun which wasn't there anymore. "Fuck." I cursed. The dark haired popped up beside me laughing as she saw my unamused expression. My expression broke into a laugh. "That was a dick move!" I threw water into her face. Her body floated towards mine, her hands locked my waist, my hands found her neck. Before my mind registered what was happening, we'de both lent in. Never, have I ever believed in love. Nor did I think it existed. I've never felt it romantically or platonically. Her lips crashed onto mine, her cigarette tainted lips met my ones. My heart threatening to escape my chest, my whole body trembled. Pulling each other in more as if we were too far away. My hands made their way up into her hair, hers squeezed my waist. Images of the two of us walking along a sea front holding hands, smiling at me whilst the sunlight hit her face cascaded my mind. I pulled away, catching my breath fearing I would drown. "That should not have happened." Her full lips spread apart as if she was to say something, but her words had left her. I turned my back and swam to the shore. I picked up my belonging and broke out into a run as far as I could until my lungs burnt. I had no clue as to where I was.