Chapter 2

Chapter Two: Prince Adam

Prince Adam was angry because he was an ugly beast. The fairy told him that the curse could be broken if he learns to love and earn it in return. He knew it was going to be hard to find someone to love him and was being rude to his servants. Along with the aching need for someone to love him and being rude to his servants, he also was spoiled. Prince Adam's parents did everything to help him before he turned into the beast.

"Lumiere, where are you?!" Prince Adam yelled.

"I am coming, Prince Adam."

"Where are my parents? They have been gone for hours!" Prince Adam yells.

"Your mother went to town to get some groceries and your father is visiting an old friend of his."

Prince Adam saw his mother pull into the driveway. "Mother, where have you been and where is Father?" Prince Adam asks.

"Your father is still visiting his friend. He should be back soon." Beth told Prince Adam.

Beth helped Mrs.Potts with the cooking.

"We are having guests for dinner tonight." Beth replied.

"I do not want people to see me like this. I am an ugly monster." Prince Adam yells.

"Son, your appearance does not make you a monster. Your attitude, however, does." Prince Adam becomes angry with his mother for saying that and storms off.

He was in the West Wing when he saw his father and another car pull into the driveway. A beautiful woman came out of the car with some suitcases. Prince Adam knew what his parents were planning. Prince Adam did not know what his parents were thinking. There is no way this woman would ever look at him. Prince Adam heard someone knocking on his doors.

"Who is it?" Prince Adam asks.

"Son, it is your father. Please open the door. I would like you to meet some people," Henry said.

"I can not let these people see me like this!"

"Adam, please do not be rude. My friend and his daughter came a long way to meet you."

Prince Adam came out and saw the beautiful woman. "Adam, this is Martin Ross and his daughter Rachel."

"It is nice to meet you both." Prince Adam replied.

"Dinner is ready." Mrs. Potts interrupted.

"I will have my dinner in the West Wing!" Prince Adam yells.

"Adam, please do not be rude." Henry replied.

"I CAN BE RUDE ALL I WANT TO SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Prince Adam screams and slams the door in his father's face.

"I am so sorry for my son's disrespectful behavior," Henry apologized.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I always knew your son was a handful." Martin replied.

Rachel felt bad for Henry and Beth. Prince Adam was being really mean to his parents. Rachel felt like helping Prince Adam was going to be a hard challenge. Prince Adam's attitude was uglier than his appearances.

"Rachel, are you going to be okay?" Martin asks.

"Yes, I will be fine." Rachel replied. Lumiere shows Rachel around the castle after her father left. Lumiere took Rachel to her room.

"Mademoiselle, if you need anything, do not be afraid to ask the servants or me." Lumiere says.

Henry went to talk to his son Prince Adam.

"Adam, you need to apologize for your behavior at dinner. I brought Rachel here because I thought she could break the curse. Do you want to be human again?" Henry asks.

"Yes, I do," Prince Adam replied.

"You need to be nice to Rachel and get to know her. Do you like Rachel?"

"Yes, I do, but she will never look at me because I am a monster."

"Adam, your attitude is what makes you a monster. If you change your attitude and treat Rachel with respect, she will look past your appearances. I have arranged for you and Rachel to have dinner together tomorrow night. Adam, I want to you to apologize to Rachel and behave like a gentleman. It is up to you if want this curse broken."