Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Prince Adam

Prince Adam was thinking about what his father said.

"Lumiere, how am I going to get a beautiful woman like Rachel to look at me?" Prince Adam asks.

"Your Highness, you have to change your ways and become a kinder person. You also have to control your temper because you're not a very kind person. You have hurt people's feelings with your rudeness. If you start behaving like a gentleman, Rachel will see pass your appearances." Lumiere replied.

Rachel thought Prince Adam was rude and she did not know how she was going to help him. Rachel was going to try to change his ways but thought it will be a miracle to change Prince Adam.

"Hello, Rachel, my name is Mrs. Potts and this is my son, Chip. I just came to see if you need any help getting ready for dinner." Mrs. Potts offered.

"No, thank you, and nice to meet you both." Rachel replied.

"Dinner will be ready soon."

Rachel came down for dinner while Prince Adam was already sitting at the dinner table.

Henry and Beth went out to eat. Rachel and Prince Adam did not speak to each other. Prince Adam was working the courage to talk to Rachel but he did not know what to say. "Are you enjoying your stay here?" Prince Adam asks Rachel.

"Yes, I am." Rachel replied. "

I want to apologize for my behaviour yesterday."

"It is okay."

Rachel told Prince Adam her dream of being a writer one day. Rachel shows Prince Adam her stories. Prince Adam enjoyed Rachel's stories.

"Rachel, your stories are good you should have them published." Prince Adam replied.

"I do not know a place that would publish my works." Rachel replied sadly.

"I know a lot of places that would publish your work."

Prince Adam really enjoyed talking to Rachel and started to fall in love with her. Rachel enjoyed talking to Prince Adam too and she starts having feelings for him for too.

"I want to do something special for Rachel." Prince Adam said.

"King Alex has some rings that make you invisible. You can ask your father to get these rings from him. I am saying this because Rachel enjoys going to the movies and the rings make you invisible when you put them on and no one would see you while you are in the movies." Lumiere replied.

"That is a great idea. I have not been out in a long time."

Prince Adam asks Rachel to the movies and told Rachel about the rings that make them invisible. Rachel liked the idea.

Rachel was ready to go to the movies. They were going to watch Alice in Wonderland. Rachel really liked reading the book.

Rachel would not mind if the movie theatre shows The Wizard of Oz. Henry told Prince Adam that they did not have to use those rings once they go to the movie theatre because Henry bought it. Rachel and Prince Adam had the theatre to themselves.

Rachel was having fun watching the movie. Rachel and Prince Adam had a big dinner made for them. They talked about their goals and their dreams. They went to bed as soon as they got home. Rachel went to bed and fell asleep.

She had been asleep only an hour when she felt someone put their hands on her month before she could scream. The next thing Rachel remembered everything turned black. She woke up and saw a man who has long black hair.

"Who are you and why are you doing this?" Rachel asks.

"My name is Loki and I am here to take what is rightfully mine!" Loki replied angrily. "Why are you kidnapping me?"

"Your father, Martin, owes my father for paying his debts. Your father was about to lose everything and be left on the streets. My father saw that your father was in trouble and helped him but my father did say your father has to pay back the debts by allowing me to marry one of his daughters."

"I will never marry you!" Rachel screams.

"You would rather marry a monster than me?"

"Prince Adam is no monster. The fairy turned him into a beast. The only monster I see is you. I heard a lot of ugly things about you, Loki."

Loki became angry and grabbed Rachel by the arm. Prince Adam came busting in and grabbed Loki by the neck. Prince Adam threw Loki across the room and Loki runs out the room to escape. Rachel ran to Prince Adam.

"Thank you, Adam, for saving me. I have never been so scared in my whole life." Rachel replied. Rachel and Prince Adam went back to his castle.

Rachel explained everything Loki told her to Martin.

"Rachel, I never made any promise to give one of my daughter's hand in marriage to that monster. Loki's father paid my debts without my knowledge. I paid Loki's father back the money so I do not owe anything." Martin explained.

Martin took Rachel to the police to file kidnapping charges against Loki. Henry got bodyguards to watch Rachel and the castle.

Rachel was happy Prince Adam was able to save her and she was grateful to him. She hoped the police put Loki away for a long time. Prince Adam got hurt while he was fighting with Loki so Rachel went to see how he was doing.

"I want to thank you for saving my life." Rachel told Prince Adam.

"I want to thank you for saving my life too." Prince Adam replied.

"I did not do anything."

"Yes, you did: just being here, you are saving me from this curse."