Trying Wasn't Enough

Y/n Pov

Zeref...you seem to know more about me than I do myself. I want to know how to use this power to the best of my abilities. I have no choice I can only us most of it and then lose control when trying to use my full power but you never have control you know what it's like to have random bursts. I get up and walk the same direction Zeref went to and see him standing in a clearing by a mountain.

Zeref: You followed me. Why is that?

Y/n: I can't control my magic very well and neither can you. I want you to teach me. I want to learn to control this magic.

Zeref: How would I be able to help? It's like you said I can't control my magic.

Y/n: That's true but at the same times it's not. I've heard the stories from my dragon. He witnessed it first hand when you have no remorse for a human life your magic is fully under your control.

Zeref: What is your dragon's name?

Y/n: Crim. He trained me and taught me all he could but never got to controlling my magic.

Zeref: I think when the time is right you'll know where to find me. Just remember that I'll be at the beginning.

Zeref once again walks away and this time I don't follow him. He'll be at the beginning. The beginning of what exactly?

E/n: Hey I found you!

I look up to see E/n smiling down on my before landing on my head and resting. She starts to breathe heavily before finally calming down.

E/n: I used so much magic trying to find you. It's really tiring.

Y/n: Sorry about that but I found what I came for and solved it.

I walk back towards where the others started their second part of the trials before stopping and standing still.

Y/n: Alright just come on out! I can tell that you're here there's no point in hiding!

The bushes around me start rustling and out comes about 5 people.

Y/n: Only five? I feel offended. I usually get about fifteen or twenty.

They don't say anything and just look at me before they all charge. I easily dodge all of them and kick two of them off a cliff before waiting for the others.

Y/n: No challenge. Who's next on the list?

The other attacker's all start readying their magic and I notice something off about it. Their magic seems like it's all connected to one another. I look at them curiously before I get blasted off the cliff I sent the first two.

Y/n: The hell?! I didn't even see them blast anything! E/n get out of here!

E/n: Right!

E/n flies off and I grab my scythe and stab it in the rock before looking down and seeing the ocean below me. If I fall I won't be getting back up anytime soon especially not with the monsters here. As I say that a giant serpent jumps out of the water and tries to get me. I dodge and clim back up before seeing my attackers gone.

Y/n: That was weird. Where did they-Agh?!

Once again I get hit without seeing anything come my way. What is this wind magic?! No I would've seen that in some way. The grass, dust and tiny rocks would've moved. I get up and see the attackers in a tree with their magic still ready.

Y/n: Alright you asked for this! Death Dragon Roar!!

They dodge the roar making it hit the tree and more behind it die quickly. This is just insane they move too fast and they can hit me without sending anything my way. No that's wrong they canceled their magic before they jumped.

Y/n: Alright whoever you guys are. I think I know what's up now. Your attacking me but you have to use your magic without moving. You move then it cancels and you have to ready it all over again.

Now that I know what's happening I just need a way to beat them. I always could just lose control of my magic but I can't tell when I'll be able to stop it. Actually it doesn't matter anymore. I'm a Fairy Tail wizard. I can't be scared of myself. I'm a wizard of death. I end the life of everything around me and I'll do it all to protect my loved ones.

Y/n: I can't have fear. There will be no more hesitation. Only determination.

I feel my magic start building up past levels that I'm used to. My body feels like it's burning from the inside out.

Y/n: AHHHHHHHH!!

The next thing I know everything goes black. Guess even accepting my self won't help me. No matter what I'm going to kill all of my friends because I wanted to save them.

Natsu Pov

Y/n: AHHHHHHH!!

That voice that was Y/n! What the he'll is happening to him?! I look towards where I heard his scream only to see a huge cloud of black it's just like that guy. That's a death cloud. It must've been too much for Y/n to handle!!

Natsu: Happy lets go! Y/n is over there and he needs help!

Happy: Aye!

Happy and I head towards the direction only for the cloud to start expanding more. It gets bigger and bigger until it starts closing in on us! This isn't right! Y/n is in their and there's nothing I can do to save him!

Happy: Natsu let's go! We'll save Y/n later right now we need to save ourselves. What would Y/n do if you died huh?!

Natsu: I'm not leaving I'll run into that death cloud. I don't care if I die I'll save him like e did many times for me when I was a kid.

I start running towards the cloud before I'm grabbed and see that I'm flying away from it. Why?! Why can't I do anything at all?!

Natsu: Happy let me go! I need to save him!

Happy: Not a chance! I'm doing what Y/n would've done in this situation getting you to safety!

I watch as we get further and further from the area while it still expands at a slow pace. Y/n don't you dare die on me. Happy soon drops me on the ground and I see that we're with the others that passes the second part of the trial.

Gray: Natsu are you crying right now?

Natsu: What if I am huh?

Lucy: Is she okay?

Happy just looks at me and shakes his head. I couldn't do anything. Y/n was in that area and I couldn't even save him from something that even he couldn't consume.

Happy: That death cloud over there. She says that Y/n is in there and she wanted to save him. I stopped her and flew her here.

Erza: I see.

Everyone besides Natsu looks to the side and sees Erza in her armor. She has a serious look and her sword drawn.

Erza: Y/n might be okay. There's a chance he's badly damaged but dead is not going to be one of those chances. I assume with that cloud over us that none of you have noticed the flare I sent out.

Cana: Flare?

Erza: Yes an enemy attack is taking place. We are going to be battling Grimoire Heart. They sent scouts out and their main attacking force is coming. Natsu I need you to get up and fight. Y/n wouldn't have wanted to see you like this. When the cloud clears I promise you we'll look for him.

I just nod slightly before standing up. I look at everyone and see them looking at me with encouragement.

Natsu: Alright after we beat these idiots. Then we'll go and get my boyfriend back.

Lucy: Boyfriend?

I feel myself blushing while trying to explain myself.

Natsu: Well we didn't make it official yet but we have kissed so we're most likely going to be a couple after the trials so...heheh

Some of them just laugh and others just stare at me accusingly. Oh what have I done?