Chapter 1: They're Back

2013

Waiting impatiently outside the doors of this set of this movie Eric finally jogged up to me after parking the car. He slowed down trying catch his breath and stood by my side.

"What took you so long?" I questioned. "And what did I say about running?"

"Relax, you ain't my mom," he responded.

"We are already late Eric."

"It's only 9:50 a.m.."

I don't care, this is the biggest movie of our lives. It's important to me."

"You just want to meet the girl who's gonna portray you."

"Well duh. But I'm also head producer so let's get moving."

"Yes ma'am."

"Nigga hush. I may be 44 years old soon but I'm still younger than you."

In case you didn't know the year is 2013, and trust me when I say we've aged. But on me you see no wrinkles or gray hair. I got a little thicker but my weight has been up and down over the years and my hair is cut to where it touches my shoulders. Only difference with Eric is his braids on his corn rows are little longer. Not bad being of the fact that he's 49.

"Cube just text me, thy're waiting for us," I said staring at my phone.

"You getting goosebumps?"

"No, why?"

"it's been years since, you know."

"Well I've always stayed in touch with Cube all these years, Yella's been back and forth, Ren left Ruthless a long time ago and Dre been doing his own thang away from us so, yeah."

"Well let's go then." Eric opened the door for me.

We walked onto the set of the movie, in the distance I could hear Cube cussing some people out. The sound of old familiar laughs followed his booming voice.

"Damn Cube already yelling?" Eric questioned approaching them.

"Eazy-E in the house!" They shouted. i could hear them greeting each other and laughing.

"So where's T?" Ren asked.

"Yeah, where's the wife?"

I grinned walking up to my homeboys.

"Damn y'all look old," I joked.

"T!" They surrounded me in this huge hug. Man, we all look different.

"Girl don't talk, you old too," Dre said.

"44 isn't old. And people say I still look 30. By the way what happened to all the hair on your head?"

"You got jokes." He chuckled.

"Honestly though, I miss y'all."

"This movie was a great idea though, Cube and T."

"It's about time they made a movie about us," Ren said.

"And it's gonna be a good one too," I assured them. "Where are the actors at?"

"We meet them tomorrow," Cube said.

"I wonder who they got to play me," Yella said.

"No one, you're not in the movie," I said. He looked at me crazy. "Yella I'm playing."

It felt like a wave of memories washing over me as talked to these men. Time flew by like crazy and now here we are ready to shoot a biopic about us: N.W.A.