Chapter 4: Like Mother Like Daughter

At school I don't know what got into me but just felt like dressing a little more cute. Something outside of my comfort zone. I wore a short sleeved, short legged denim jumper with a gray loose bow tied on my head and a pair of white and blue Adidas. I thought I looked pretty good. Maybe it was the fact I got asked out by a boy I've known for a long while. Chris is a very great friend and after what he did the other night, I can't stop thinking about him. I'm not dressing cute too impress him or anything, I feel like enhancing my girly side for today. Is that so wrong? 

Fixing my hair in the mirror of my locker Carmen brushed up next to me.

"Hey," she said. "I finished editing our last video and it's ready to be post - what are you wearing?"

"What?"

"Oh this is so not like you. This is more of a me look."

"I just wanted to look pretty today."

"TJ you look pretty everyday. Is this for Chris?"

My eyebrow arched. "How do you know about that?"

"I know you like him."

"Do not."

"So what was your answer to him asking you to prom?"

"I said I would think about it."

"That's a yes." I glared at her.

Sitting down in class Chris sat next to me flashing me a smile. I blushed noticing him looking me up and down admiring me. Honestly he gets my heart racing. 

"Alright settle down, class is in session," Our English teacher said. Ms. Riley. "Today I'm handing you back your biography essays. Some of you need some extreme improvement." She gave Chris his paper and he frowned. "Christopher Seas, try harder on your research next time." She gave me my paper nodding. "See me after class Miss Wright." I smile at my paper. I got an A, 100%!

"Looks like you'll be passing this class," Chris said.

"Don't be that way," I said.

"I got a fucking D-."

"Sorry Chris."

"So do you have an answer for me?"

"Chris I still don't know."

"Why? What's so bad about going to prom with me?"

"You're my friend."

"Lets be more than that. You look so cute over there, be cute with me."

"Okay, I'll go with you." He reached over to touch my cheek.

"I promise it's gonna be a good night."

I hope so.

Tamiya

"Aw you miss me?" I asked Eric as we embraced each other. I came home from spending three days and nights working on Straight Outta Compton. The scenes we were shooting took place in hotels and they were tour and party scenes that took forever to shoot. We still in the process of getting those done, but at some point I had to come home. Eric didn't go because of Ruthless.

For us it's been work and business and trying to keep our marriage alive. At one point we had TJ living with Eric's parents because we were so fucking busy with a lot of shit on our plates. TJ was only there for a month and a half. Eric and I were so close to sleeping in separate rooms, but some shit went down that happened to me. Eventually we fixed things up and had our daughter back home.

"You know damn well I did," he grinned. "How was it?"

"Fun. The guys and I were looking back on some old footage of us on YouTube. Time flies like hell."