Chapter 2: New In Life

That next week at school I mostly kept to myself and my friends. I don't a lot of friends, mostly associates because of the situation I born into you never know who you can trust. People are hella fake.

Carmen and I were standing by her locker. She was off the hook with the detention situation, only because her parents didn't ask anything about it. My parents were cool about it because they know I was defending myself, my dad asked if I won. I did. Basically what happened was this little white girl been messing with me for a while and that day she tried it and started swinging on me. While I was busy beating her ass Carmen was busy trying to pull me off of her. That's how all 3 of us got in trouble.

"So we're both lucky huh?" Carmen asked.

"I knew my parents were cool with it, once I explained it to them."

"So tonight, I can still come over?"

"Yeah."

"Ladies," our friend Chris said approaching us. My heart skipped a beat.

"Hey Chris," I said.

"That's all I get is 'hey Chris?'"

"What more do you want?"

"You know what I want." He smirked at me. I scoffed at him. "So when's y'all next video gonna be posted?"

"This weekend hopefully," Carmen said. 

"Can't wait to see it?"

"Chris I know yo ass ain't over here flirting with these goat heads," a guy I associated with named Ray said.

"Goat heads?" Me and Carmen exclaimed.

"Nigga chill out," Chris demanded. "These my girls."

"No we're not."

"Don't worry bout him, he only after y'all money," Ray said.

"Fool my parents are rich like their's is."

"Well TJ's parents got more money. They rappers."

It's pretty well known to everyone who my parents are. The majority of students here got rich parents, including me, Carmen, and Chris. Ray's parents got money but not as much. But since my dad owns Ruthless, Ruthless Radio Show and my mom owns part of Ruthless and her own production business ( Major Entertainment), they make loads of cash. Not to mention the money they make from their own albums, movies my mom has produced and the two movies she starred in. They basically have they ruling power of money in the hip hop world. And let's not forget, my mother is the first female rapper millionaire.

"Yeah, so?" I questioned.

"Man, let's not forget how fine Major T is."

"Dude! That's my mom."

"And Eazy-E's wife," Chris said.

"You're a pervert," Carmen said.

--

Later on when I got home Carmen followed upstairs to my bedroom. We tossed our bags on the floor then flopped onto my bed. 

"Hey Baxter," I said to my pet rabbit. Yeah my dad got me a rabbit for my twelfth birthday. I got him as a baby, he's white with little black spots. 

"TJ he's fat," Carmen said.

"Carmella Rodriguez, don't be dissing my bunny." She giggled.

"TJ!" I heard my mom yell.

I ran downstairs seeing my parents standing by the front door.

"Yeah?"

"We're leaving to work on the movie. Don't burn the house down."