Chapter 7: Year 2003 Part 1

Tamiya

"Mom I didn't mean to -" I cut her off.

"It don't matter. You're old enough to know anyway."

"Mom I don't want to see you emotional."

"When have I ever been emotional about shit?" She bit her lip.

I sighed sitting next to her leaning back on the couch. Pulling every memory from my brain adding up the details. Trina looked at me closely, this was a story she had always worried about. She was only six when this shit went down.

2003 Flashback

The sun was down making it dark outside, it had to be after midnight. Eric left early before me and went home. I stayed behind going over some new releases for the company. Recently we hired someone to help organize our plans and schedules. Eric seemed to like this dude, Luke. I did too. He was only here two weeks until Eric and I friended him. Luke was from Compton too and around my age. I actually thought he was really sweet, always had something nice or funny to say. At least to me.

"Hey Tamiya, he said.

"Luke what are you still doing here?" I asked closing the door to my office. "Go home man."

"I didn't feel right leaving my favorite boss here by herself. Especially since her husband isn't around," he smiled.

"That's nice but I can take care of myself. I'm not fragile."

"You're a woman. A good one to. Tell me what man leaves a good woman like you alone?"

"Luke go home." I ignored his comment.

"As you wish. Remember I'm always around if you need anything."

"Mhm." I hummed walking past him. All I wanted was to go home give my daughter a kiss and curl up in bed with my Eric. A few cars remained in the parking lot as I walked over to mine. My all white 2002 Cadillac Deville. I opened my car door then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey!" I yelled spinning around. "Luke?"

"Sorry T, there's something I gotta say." He held my shoulders.

"Get your hands off me!" I pushed him. He came up and pushed me against my car holding me there then kissed me. I put my hands on his neck choking him getting him off me then I punched him in his eye. "Nigga you crazy?" I yelled.

He stood straight looking at me. "I'm a nigga that knows what he wants. What I want right now is you." He unzipped his pants and pushed me on the hood of the car. I screamed as He covered my mouth. I kept saying "no, get off me, stop!"

"Eazy can't put it down on you like I can. You gon feel real dick today." He unzipped my jeans.

"No!" I stuck two fingers in his eyes then pushed him off me. I swung punching him I his eye. He pushed me back down slapping me repeatedly. I grabbed his wrist kneeing him in his dick.

"Ah bitch!" He groaned holding his shit.

"That ain't my name." I kicked him in his gut. He was on the ground in pain but grabbed my legs pulling me down laying next to him. I grunted. He punched me in my mouth, then I remembered something.  My gun was in my car. It was a struggle trying to push him off me so then I stuck my nails in his neck digging them in his skin making him jump. He was lighter on me so I moved my hand down gripping his private area tightly. He rolled off allowing me to hop up, open my car and pull my gun out on him. Luke was groaning in pain on the ground like a helpless bitch.

"Only reason why I don't kill you is because I got a little girl to think about." I let out some air. "If I didn't have a kid you'd be laying in a pool of your own blood right now. So listen up: you're fired, don't come near me or my family or my friends. You forgot who you was fucking with bitch, I'ma have you six feet deep in ground." He stared at me scared stupid. I turned away then laughed. "The fuck am I doing?" I asked myself laughing. I turned to him and shot him in his legs four bullets in each one. I got in my car and sped off.